Thread: Iron Chef

Iron Chef

Did anyone watch tonight's Iron Chef competition?

It was pretty good, but I think Bobby Flay is way too arrogant to win. I was hoping for Rick Bayless, but...

Love Iron Chef! I like the original Iron Chef better though . . . haven't really got into the Iron Chef America shows.
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

I love Iron Chef (the original). I've only watched Iron Chef America once and I think it's dumb. And I don't like Bobby Flay either. He's something I can't call him on here...LOL

*Thanks Ashley*

We watched, and I happen to like Bobby Flay, so I was glad he won. But if you paid attention to the details, he only won by one point and that was on presentation.

I think Bobby Flay is an excellent chef, but his personality was what made me wish the other guy had won. They both came up with some amazing recipies using buffalo.

I agree that Bobby Flay is a good chef, I just wonder if he know's how arrogant he comes off.

After 9-11, he hosted a show where he'd go to different towns in the U.S. and see all the local foods. Each show would feature a band from that area and I always thought that was really neat of him.

I used to watch the original Iron Chef and liked it...unless they had a live animal as the "ingredient". Ick!!!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I guess a certain amount of arrogance would come along with being able to do what they do on Iron Chef. I have a hard time planning what dinner is a couple of days in advance. I can't imagine having to do it on the spot with an unknown ingredient.

Bayless has a PBS series where he cooks original Mex dishes.

The series is filmed in Mexico and he often goes into the local markets and purchases in ingredients he needs.

Open air Mexican markets are a real treat if you like food-not for the people who like their food cello wrapped!!

http://www.davidscooking.com/cookboo...s/bayless.html

-------------------------------

One thing about Flay is his apparent inability to get away from ancho chiles and mango salsas.

If you sit down and watch Flay's show with a friend, you can ALWAYS win a bet that way.

"Betya 5 bucks he makes a mango salsa........"
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Originally posted by RICHARD

One thing about Flay is his apparent inability to get away from ancho chiles and mango salsas.

If you sit down and watch Flay's show with a friend, you can ALWAYS win a bet that way.

"Betya 5 bucks he makes a mango salsa........"
    You know, now that you mention it, he does always use ancho chiles and make mango salsas!! I never noticed that before!

I laughed when he burned his mango salsa last night. (ok, his soux chef did but still... )

Originally posted by PJ's Mom
    You know, now that you mention it, he does always use ancho chiles and make mango salsas!! I never noticed that before!

I laughed when he burned his mango salsa last night. (ok, his soux chef did but still... )
    Send me a dollar for every bet you win.....

A joke that my mom and I share is about the mango salsa....
    Should I pass thru her house and she's got Flay on, I ask her if he's made the mango salsa, yet.