Thread: Thought I would share a easy cat treat recipe...

Thought I would share a easy cat treat recipe...

I bought a homemade Kitty cat treat recipe book a little while back, and my kitties adore them. They are so easy to make, and I usually have most of the ingredients around my house. I will post a couple today.. If anyone tries them, please let me know the turnout

Tuna Cookies

2 cups flour
    1 cup wheat germ
    1 tsp. catnip
    3 tbls. vegetable oil
    1 egg
    1 cup flaked tuna ( I use bumble bee, or solid white starkist)

Beat egg. add oil. Beat again. Add tuna (drain tuna a little, just leave a little bit of juice). Blend together. Slowly add wheat germ and catnip. Slowly add flour, mixing as you go. After mixing well, Place the dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll out 1/4 inch thick and cut into shapes. Place onto greased cookie sheet 1 inch apart and bake for around 15 minutes at 350 degrees until firm. Let cool for 30 minutes.
    * store them in an airtight container in a cool place like the refrigerator *
    They last about 2 months out of the refrigerator. In the refrigerator about 4 months.

My kitties go biserk over these cookies:

Soft Baby food cookies:

3 -2 1\2 oz jars of baby food ( chicken or liver)
    1/4 cup cream of wheat
    1/4 cup powdered milk
    1 teaspoon of catnip

combine all ingredients in bowl. Mix well. Roll into small balls. Place them onto a well greased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with fork with a criss cross motion. Bake them at 350 degrees for 15 minutes until slightly brown. Cool for around 15 minutes. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. *they do not store for a very long time, mine never stored for longer than 2 weeks*

If you all have seen these recipes before I am sorry. I just know that I love making homemade goodies for the kitties. Enjoy

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

I will try one of these!! I do not have wheat germ or powdered milk (or baby food!!) right now but will get some - probably try the tuna biscuits.

i,Sadly am not much of a cook,although they do like,the Tuna Helper.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I never baked any cookies for my cats. Maybe they would like them, but most ingredients are not available here
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge