Thread: training class

training class

I read the other post on the training class and was wondering...besides the pup, is there anything i should bring with me, like paper and pen for notes, his own treats, anything else? we have an appt. on Monday for the 1st basic one and then Bull will start his actual puppy class when he is a little over 3 months, which will be March.

2. You might need a paper and pen, treats, unless it is an all praise class, umm....I bought an Outward Hound treat/ball holder that I attached to my waist! It worked perfectly, I also brought and H2O Water bottle for dogs!

good luck! definitely bring a bait bag (like Lexi's mom said), filled with Bull's favorite puppy treats. Probably not hot dogs because he still has a sensitive tummy... you could try Nutro soft treats, or Red Barn soft dog food in a roll, or whatever treats he really loves! Soft treats work the best. You can bring a pen/paper, but it might be hard to write while trying to control big Bully boy. The most important thing is to listen and take in everything the trainer says. Bring a 6 ft leash, leather works best because it doesn't give you rope burns like nylon

You're doing SUCH an awesome job raising up your little boy, Kristl! ^^

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

thanks, guys. i am just trying not to screw him up!! His sister (daddy's girl Shadow) is going to be a hunter, I'd like for Bull to go along when they're old enough, but I've heard females make for better hunters. Anyways, thanks for all the advice! I need it, being new to the dog owner game!

5. Yes...make sure it is soft treats, they can eat them faster and quieter...and make sure it is a whole different variety! Because he could get tired of one kind after a while...there are a whole bunch of Milk-bone soft treats out in red bags now and they have LOTS of different flavours some are ham, cheese, steak, beef, chicken, bacon, etc! LOL! Have fun!

Good job for asking lots of questions! That's really helpful...as well as us other owners could learn something that we never knew!

Hi Kristl, I was just wondering whether Bull will see other dogs on Monday. I am a bit worried considering that Bull is only 5 weeks and has not completed his vaccinations. Shouldn't you wait until he is 3 months instead for his puppy class instead?

thanks k9krazee for the signature!

7. When goign into pet classes...it is required that your dog have all of its shots..considering they are all puppies I would think that they either have non/some/most of tehir shots...if it is a puppy I highly doubt you will be getting into class with a dog with a disease!

I wouldn't be too worried! Have a good time Bull!

vinjashira-
    Bull won't be going to the first one on Monday...he won't have his shots until Friday, so I can't bring him, after the shot session at the vet (whatever is required for that age) then he is free to go! This first class is a basic intro to housebreaking, and other puppy stuff. The actual training, sit, stay, etc., he doesn't go to until he is 3-5 months old.

sorry. i should have been more clear in my post