Thread: Zeus the Siberian Husky

Zeus the Siberian Husky

An acquaintance of mine on another forum who goes by the name Riverbirch just posted this:

"I was informed by our local animal control officer on Thursday (the 13th), that he had picked up my Siberian Husky (Zeus) on Jan 5, at my neighbors request. This lady is psycho enough in her own, and has too much time on her hands. I went to bail him out of jail yesterday, only to find out that they put him down last week, because they only hold dogs for 72 hours for reclaim; nobody told me that he was ever picked up until over a week later. It is like an act of God trying to get them to pick up strays out here; I have been blocked from entering my home due to strays on the porch or in the yard that were growling, but they would not provide assistance since there is no leash law where I live. I live in the country, and moved here for the land and so my dogs would not have to be confined. This lady refuses to spay her female dogs and has up to 16 dogs at one time. When she gets tired of them once grown, she has the animal control pick them up (he told me so)

Anyway, I am very upset. She has started a war. My dogs are my kids. Zeus was a beautiful black/white Siberian Husky and the sweetest thing. He had beautiful blue eyes and was only 2 years old. It was unfair for him to lose his life for a psycho's accusations, and the actions of the other neighbors Pit Bull. "

Here is the scoop. I adopted this dog 4 months ago. I live in a "no leash law" area, which is why 3 of my dogs are in the front yard-loose. It is funny that the sheriff left a notice on my door on the 13th about my two other dogs being a nuisance to livestock. When I called him to inquire as to what he was talking about, he told me a neighbor a block away had two sheep killed and torn apart. Well, my dogs have been raised with livestock, goats, turkeys, chickens, horses, ducks, and geese. I advised him I had already spoken to this person when he came to my home, over a month ago. I also advised him that we have lost over 150 fowl to coyotes, raccoons, and wild cats. The neighbor said he saw and heard nothing, but insisted on complaining, a week after the other neighbor complained about Zeus, which is the only reason I found out he had been picked up.

So, why pick up my dog on one day, and leave no notice or inform me. But then a week and a half later, leave a note on my door as to another neighbors concerns, with no proof, witness, parts in my yard, etc? Something is crooked here between the two! I aim to find out and file suit.

I have been working on fencing in my yard all day, which is unfortunate, like I said I live in the Country with no leash law (and on 3 acres). I am so tired of her Crap. Her dogs killed at least 15 turkeys we had been raising two years ago. When the Sheriff came out, he said there was nothing he could do; just shoot them next time I see them in my yard. Well, I am an animal lover, and it is not in my nature to punish an animal for its owners' lack of responsibility. They refused to pay for the dead birds, and I was going to file suit then. Since we have to live in close proximity, I opted to let it rest and not pursue. This was the "straw that broke the camel's back". While I am an easy going individual, I am not one to piss off either. I'll let you know how it goes. She is also going to pay for half of the privacy fence, little does she know.... "

There is something seriously wrong with this animal control, and I will keep you posted.. I'll also try to find out where she lives.. (She had thought Zeus had ran off)
    Last edited by TrixiesMom; 01-15-2005 at 07:57 PM.
    Trixie's Togs
    .: for dogs who trot the wild side :.

2. Oh poor Zeus! I hate when people just take animals for granted, especially when they don't even care about them!

Now you are pain free, full of joy and have tons of pup pals! Play hard at the RB Zeus! Rest in Peace!

I am so sorry!!!! thats simply heartbreaking learning ofyour baby being put down!!!! That so not fair!!!!! Please go for that suit!!!!!!! Kick her arse!!!!! I will hold her down for ya too!!!

Rest easy and eat lots of bones Zeus!!!!

Oh, dear God, oh, I am so, so sorry And so angry that such a beloved, inncoent creature was taken from you so cruelly. I'm without words I wish there were something I could say to ease your pain, your sadness. Yes, pursue all avenues to avenge your great loss. How unforgivable Run with the wind in your tail beautiful Zeus, until you and your Dad are reunited in love. I'm so sorry Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

What a horrible tragedy!!! RIP, Zeus.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

that is sooooooooo mean and inconciderate of her!!!!!!!!

happy trails at the rb zeus!
    I LOVE CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so sorry for your loss. RIP Zeus. You were taken far too early.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I am FURIOUS! I am so sorry for you loss of beloved Zues, this lady should pay for what she's done, i cannot imagine what i would do if i were you, but i hope you go after her!