Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh boy ... :(

how scary
    Prayers on the way!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle's passing and your mum's diagnosis. Sending positive thoughts to your mum and your family {{{hugs}}}
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Oh honey. I can only imagine what horrible news this was for you.

My only advise would be to try and stay positive. I know its hard, but it might make you feel a tiny bit better.

I'll be praying for you and your family.

Take care,
    Kelly
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I think I have a similar experience and I hope that I can help you feel more hopeful about this situation.

My uncle (Dad's younger brother) was diagnosed with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia and then a few years later my Dad was diagnosed with the same disease. I remember feeling so numb, just not knowing how to deal with it or what to say or what to do. I was in high school at the time, and I took a bunch of photos of him the evening he told us the news. Pictures of him at his desk, pictures of him watching TV, pictures of him reading in bed and so on. I wanted to preserve him somehow, the "everyday version" of him. That same week I went online and did research on CLL. I remember crying bitterly when I read that people with CLL usually live somewhere between 2 and 10 additional years after diagnosis (it is not a very acute type of leukemia).

However, like your mother, his diagnosis came early in the stages of the disease. This really has made a world of difference! I hope it will be the same for your mother. He has been good about seeing the doctor and following their advice. So far he has responded well to treatment and while it is most unpleasant (understatement), our support has helped him get through the chemotherapy.

I've learned that you can't let numbers scare you. While it's important to have a good understanding of the disease, you have to maintain hope. Once the initial shock starts to wear off, you may be ready to do some more research, but please don't let it dishearten you greatly.

I'm crying as I write this because those numb and foreboding feelings come back to me so easily as I recall that period when we were first told of his diagnosis. I'm sorry your family has to go through this pain.

I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry about the loss of your uncle.

Please feel free to PM me anytime.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Kate

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*