Thread: Meowing

Meowing

Caleb is driving me insane today. Usually the only time he meows is when he is hungry or I'm preparing his food.

But for the past hour, he's been walking around the house with this horrible YOWL (much like a siamese meow). He hasn't acted like this since I first brought him home. When he was just a tiny kitten he would walk around, and yowl, and yowl, and it's exactly what he's doing now. He's walking around the house yowling.

Do you think there's something wrong with him? I keep thinking maybe there is going to be an earthquake or something Lol. He never uses this voice. Normally he uses a softer mew.
    I've been BOO'd!

How old is Caleb? Is he neutered?

Filou sang operas when he grew up

He is going to turn 8 months old on the 22nd. Yup, he is neutered. I guess he wants to sing opera too.
    I've been BOO'd!

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    <giggle> Perhaps we should form a PT feline chorus? Mishi is a singer too!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Maybe he is wanting to "hunt". Does he a have a mousie he can hide and seek?
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I agree with Kim, maybe he's just in hunting or a playful mood. My cats go through that once in a while.

Jonah is a huge meower...whenever he see's me, he meows. Livvy too.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Originally posted by kimlovescats
    Maybe he is wanting to "hunt". Does he a have a mousie he can hide and seek?
    LOL, actually I recently noticed that he broke most of his toys lol. You know those "cage" type balls, with the little bell inside? He broke them all in half so that he could play with the bell. He doesn't understand what choking hazard means. I've been meaning to get him one of those electronic mice from Wal-Mart.

As of now, he is sleeping peacefully on my bed. Little guy probably just likes to keep me on my toes.
    I've been BOO'd!

Regarding the meowing stage....it doesn't get any better!

Read your posting. I must tell you, I laughed so hard! I know, it can be just so frustrating sometimes! This might sound odd... but, my vet once told me ages ago that the more you talk to your cat, the more they meow at you. I have had kitties since I was 3. I grew up in a household that constantly talked to the cats. My parents would come home from work, talk to the cats. I would come home from school, talk to the cats. I now come home from work. What do I do? Talk to the cats! Kitties meow as a way of communicating...I know you already know that. But, the funny thing is, cats do not meow at one another unless they are fighting or in heat...which is that horrible, long meow you might sometimes hear from strays. They will hiss, spit, do whatever...but not meow, normally, to one another. When a kitten grows up around people that talk to him/her on an everyday basis, they will begin to 'communicate'. Trust me....I get to hear the 'opera' every morning at 5:00 AM. It continues until we all go to sleep! My little darlings never have their mouths closed...in fact, I do not even think they have lips! So, on that note, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Sounds like you have a talker. Welcome to the club! Hahahaha!

LOL that's funny! Caleb gets talked to all the time. My mom is constantly talking to him. I'll usually just say "Oh, look at you, you're so cute," and observations like that. But my mom will have a full-out conversation with him, talking about things she did that day, etc lol.
    I've been BOO'd!

Regarding 'meowing'.

Good, I'm glad to hear it! Now, see the monster you and your family have created? (just kidding!!!!!) Get used to the chattering....he'll do it forever!
    I just had a few comments from my 'boy'. I'm just hoping he'll wear himself
    out.....sleep would be a good thing! Might be time for the 'nip'!

I don't think you have anything to worry about either. I also talk to my cats and Sunny is my main talker. If I meow at him he'll meow back. Sometimes cats will just act restless or bored and they'll start meowing for no real reason.
    Sky was a stray so he was used to being outside. He'll still occasionally go to my front door and start meowing at the door because he wants to go out.