Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the strangest thing your Kitty(s) do?

What's the strangest thing your Kitty(s) do?

There is a thread like this in Dog General so I thought I would start one here.

What things do your Cat(s) Do that makes you go "OOOOOOooooookkkkkkkkkaaaaay"?

Some times When you run towards Hobo he jumps up on his hind legs and starts bouncing Side to Side and Forward to Back until he falls over. While he is doing it he will make all his hair stand up and he will throw his paws up in the air.
    After that he's fine

And Sometimes when he lays down he decides to clean his self and falls asleep doing it. Then he will be asleep with his tongue sticking half way out of his mouth.
    Last edited by joanofark; 01-11-2005 at 03:53 PM.

"Old dogs are like old shoes: they are comfortable. They may be a bit
    out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well."
    NEW ADDITION: 6 lovely Rhode Island Reds!

I would have to say the weirdest thing that any of my cats do is what Mystic does.

Mystic loves her daddy's underwear.....if you try to take them away she growls and hisses at you. I guess the scent of her daddy makes her happy. She especially loves his undies when he comes back from a run and they are smelly and wet.

Please don't tell her that I let her secret out of the bag.

Before my husband and I were married, he kept Weezie at his apartment. As a gift, I bought us a set of the Wedding Beanie Bears (this was when beanie babies were big). Weezie LOVED the groom bear! She would carry it with her in her mouth where ever she went. Everyday, Mike would put it back next to bride, everyday Weezie would take it back to her bed. We finally gave up and let her have it...and then she lost interest!

This is another strange thing but I can't tell you who did it because I don't know. We have a round rubber stopper for the bathtub. It's light and flat. For the last few days, I have found it in my living room! I suspect Eepie because she loves the bathtub but I haven't caught anyone just yet!
    Proud meowmy of Weezie, Eepie, Grey Girl and Neko...or Weezer Peezer, Eepie Peepie, Grey Grey and Neko the Gecko as they are commonly known!

Foster Malfi, has to claw the carpet two times before he can take a drink out of the water bowl. He stands all erect, and gives his two scratches, like a horse, then it's o.k.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Halo does her "business" in the cat box. Immediately jumps out and claws the heck out of the floor around the box. The girl digs and scratches like she's trying to dig to China.

It's like she's got the general idea, but seems not to know that the digging is to cover what she left behind in the box.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I was pet sitting for my boss one time and her cats liked to be spanked?? They like being roughed housed but if you did that to my kitties they would think you were abusing them LOL
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

Oh, Snowy, loves to be spanked! Pretty hard too!

Oh, how he loves a good beating.

I tell him: Come here and get your beating.

I didn't think it was 'strange' though.

LOL Rose. I'm use to petting my cats very daintly, I'd never thought to spank them before. I tried that with Shadow the other day and she was not having it.
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

Every once,in a while Sam,runs around,for a minute,or so,growwling like a bear,and then calms down,in seconds!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

My cat sooty loves it when you whistle to her in a high pitch, she comes to you and then licks your nose.

Bugs and Twinkle both like to try and bury their food, they will eat what they want and then scratch at the floor to try and cover it! I thinkTwinkle may have picked this up from Bugs.

Also Twinkle likes to carry things around in her mouth, only yesterday I found one of my shower scrunchies on the floor in the kitchen, it had been hanging on the tap in the bath. It is a new one, never been used so it has now become one of her many toys!

Thanks manda_moo87 for my siggy

I was trying hard to come up with something for this thread. The only weird thing Peanut does is claw the carpet before she drinks too, just like a little bull.

BUT this morning I saw the strangest thing I've ever seen...and I didn't have my camera handy! Drat!!! I saw Crackers pee in the box. What's so strange about that you ask? Well, it's how he does it. First of all he scratches and gets a good hole dug. Then he puts his front paws on the edge of the box (uncovered box) and sort of stretches up, theeennn....he puts his back paws on the edge of the box right around his front paws, so he is teetering on the edge of the box, then he pees! I had to leave because I was cracking up so much and I didn't want to disturb him! It was sooo hilarious! I don't think I've ever seen a cat do that before and I really must get a picture of it for you guys.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

This is a fun thread and you see that at PT you are never alone:

Like Halo, Filou prefers to dig outside the litterbox- and sometimes Tigris goes over and digs himself so that Filou's stuff is covered

And like Snowy, Tigris likes to be spanked by his dad. Must be a boy thing.

I think the strangest thing Filou is doing is eating mangoes:

Moby will pick food out of her bowl with her paw, and lick her paw.

Bosun perches on the cat box with her front paws when she does her business.

Most of my other cats are "normal", whatever that means.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Hagrid "sneaks up" on the dry food bowl. He crouches down, reaches up with a paw, and flicks some food out onto the floor.

Kacey either hates it when I sing or else he's trying to join me--he circles around yowling. And really, my voice isn't that awful.

Got to see CJ doing his thing in the box!
    All 4 paws on the walls?

Mangoes.

Another thing Snowy does is, if another cat approaches him he meows (trills) at double the volume!

Really loud. It's startling. But it's a happy sound. (too bad Malfi only growls back at him)

Dejected.