Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sierra got us in trouble with the Sheriff!

Sierra got us in trouble with the Sheriff!

Oh Yeah.... the nightmare sage continues with the evil neighbors!

So Saturday morning.... the evil neighbors were outside shoveling their driveway and their kids and dogs were playing in the yard, so knowing how much trouble their dogs are... I kept mine inside the house waiting for them to go inside. So we waited... and waited... and waited..
    I gave up after an hour and a half and got dressed and took them outside, I was TRYING to beat Sierra to the fence so I could stop my pups from jumping on the fence. But.. Sierra is like a bolt of lighting and ZOOM.. she was gone, but she didn't jump ON the fence.. Oh nooooo... not Sierra... she jumped right OVER the fence into their yard and started playing with their puppy (she Loves puppies) the evil lady yelled at her and pointed to our yard, and she jumped right back in the yard. Then looked at me like "What? I just wanted to play??" So inside we went, and I KNEW they were going to call the Sheriff. Sure enough... 15 minuets later... a Sheriff's car was in their yard, and then a few minuets later... there was a knock at my door. The evil lady next door said her daughter was terrified to see Sierra jumping into their yard and ATTACKING there dogs. HELLO!! Duh.. I was out there also... there were no attacks!! She was over there for all of about 15 seconds.. just long enough to say "hi" to the little guy
    Anyway.. the deputy said she noticed this was an on going thing with us, and more or less said she has better things to do. But I had to let her know how much money we've spent to keep our dogs safe and they have done NOTHING!!!!!
    So, that night my hubby and I decided we needed to put invisible fencing in our yard AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    We've already spent almost $3000 to fence in our yard NOW we have to spend MORE?!?!?!?!!!?!?
    OMG... I wanted to go next door and PUNCH HER LIGHTS OUT!!
    So, the hubby and I realized it's winter and we're not about to go digging in the ground now, so we bought a wireless one. The transmitter makes a 90' circle from where it's installed and if the dog goes outside of that "safe" zone it is then corrected. That was $300!!!!!!!! Oh I want to send my neighbors info on it and tell them that they need to buy one too!! We are installing it tomorrow, my poor baby girl has been tied up inside our fenced in yard since Saturday AM. poor baby... but I've told her she's a bad girl. She makes me so sad, Buddy will be running around in the snow and she'll just sit at the end of her cable and cry and howl But she'll be able to run around again soon!

If the evil neighbors dog would have never started jumping on our fence.... we would not be having all of these problems now!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

oh my goodness! you are havin all kinds of problems!we used to have neighbors like that. they had 2 BIG black dogs and they would always get out, come into OUR yard andattack beanie! i mean attack! once i pulled Beanie out of the mouth of one of them!

thankfully we moved!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

it would be cheaper just to put turn-in's at the top of your fence that borders the neighbors fence. they cant jump with turn ins up there.

with hearty breeds, such as GSD's, many times, the elec. fences dont work...

Ken C
    President
    Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.

http://community.webshots.com/user/wolfdogs100

WRR: http://www.renokeo.com/wrr.html

Aww Angie. I'm sorry to hear that.

Though I would consider what WRR said. I have known people with big breeds who would run right thru the 'zap'.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I'm sorry to hear that. Some people huh? They like to make a mountain out of a mole hill. It's to bad your neighbors have to be like that. I hope you get it all worked out.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

Originally posted by WRR
    it would be cheaper just to put turn-in's at the top of your fence that borders the neighbors fence. they cant jump with turn ins up there.
    I've thought about that, but we have zoning in our area, and our fence is as high as they will allow

Part of our fence is 6', we took it 6' as far as we could, but then had to drop down to 4'.

I have used a remote electric collar with her, and that worked, but she had to be watched every second she was outside. She knew when she could get away with jumping on or over the fence. She has not jumped the fence in almost a year!!!

If the neighbors would just keep their dogs from jumping on our fence, it would not have come to all of this!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy

OMG...the sheriff, are you serious?! What a horrible neighbor (like I didn't know that before). She is really a pain in the ass hu?!
    Geesh, if I called the sheriff every time our neighbors GSD has ran through their invisible fence, they would be out here all the time (hey that is an idea now isn't it?!)
    I hope it works for Sierra. Poor little girl

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I know bigger dogs can run through the electric fence, but at least if she runs through it, she'll still be inside our fenced in yard! Unless she jumps over the fence....

Someone here at work said I need to tie a weight to her neck so she can't jump!! Like a boat anchor!!! LOL!!! Could you imagine seeing that!! LOL!!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy

Originally posted by pitc9
    I've thought about that, but we have zoning in our area, and our fence is as high as they will allow

Part of our fence is 6', we took it 6' as far as we could, but then had to drop down to 4'.

I have used a remote electric collar with her, and that worked, but she had to be watched every second she was outside. She knew when she could get away with jumping on or over the fence. She has not jumped the fence in almost a year!!!

If the neighbors would just keep their dogs from jumping on our fence, it would not have come to all of this!
    I know you have said that you can't go above the 4ft. fence in some sections, but could you possibly staple, chicken wire to the top of the four foot fence ( and angle it in)? It wouldnt be an obstruction, since it is see-though, and if any problems arrise, you could always take it down...either chicken wire, or the kind of wire they put on split rail fences...and angle it in toward your yard, to deter her from jumping out. If i was you, i would try it, the worse they can do is say take it down, but it will block no field of vision, since it is see through...i know that is why high fences are not permitted in some areas...it isnt very expensive,either...

Our old neighbors had a little dog that would jumo over their fence, and they did this to keep her in...

Originally posted by pitc9

... tie a weight to her neck so she can't jump!!
    Like a boat anchor!
    Don't laugh - it WORKS!

Used to do that with Shadow (Shepherd/Husky, RB ) -
    She was often a lil THICK-Headed with the "Stay IN the yard" thing
    when I was mowing grass or doing other chores.

Forget what it was originally intended for;
    but her "Porta-Rock" was an oddly shaped hunk of concrete with
    a bent loop of reinforcing rod embeded in it.
    Weighed somewhere around 20-25 pounds.
    Had about 25 feet of light chain attached to the loop,
    with a Dawggie *snap* on the Dawggie end.

When she got in a "wandering mood", I'd "Plop da Rock" and
    hook her up!
    Although she could drag it - it was slow going for her and she
    usually accepted the "confinement" as long as I moved "the Rock"
    along as I changed my work area.

Another tried & true idea is a "Trolley System" ~
    an overhead wire cable, secured between the house a tall post or tree,
    with a pulley mounted on the cable and a length of chain hooked
    between the pulley and the Dawg...
    Fido can run the length of the overhead cable as the pulley travels
    back & forth on the cable, and Fido also has the lateral distance of
    the chain to move. Gives quite a bit of confined freedom!
    Most pet shops sell trolley "kits" with all the required hardware.

/s/ Phred
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

OH Angie!
    I am so sorry for you're troubles!!
    That totally stinks!! EVIL EVIL PEOPLE!!
    I know several people that have tied large branches or peices of wood to their dog's collar to keep them from chasing cars.
    GOOD LUCK!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

What an evil, wicked lady! Doesn't the cop look at the complaints YOU have filed against her, and the trouble she has caused you? Some people. Poor Sierra. I really feel for you. {HUGS}

I second the pully system, we made one for Shadow at our old place as she could fit under the fence, she had run of the whole yard but was still confined and could not get out.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

that sounds crazy.. I can't believe your neighbors are so rude about this, after all that you guys have done! even making little windows for the dogs! It sucks that you have to spend even more money... yeah, my friend Josh's boxer Rusty jumps their 6 foot fence with added turn-ins on the top, and he comletely ignores the invisable fence to go to the nieghbors and play with their two Boxers. you guys have probably tried talking to them to make amends, they sound like really rude, evil people!

Our neighbors at my dad's last house in this insanely stuck up golf course community called the cops on Gonzo when he was laying in the garage while my dad was working out there (I wasn't home...), and the cop pepper sprayed poor Gonzy!! our other nieghbors said he did nothing, wasn't out of the garage or barking or anything, the cop just grabbed him and pepper sprayed him all over his face! and we had to take him to the emergency vets because it could've blinded him!... atleast they didn't do that to Sierra, lol..

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

We have all the hardware for the pully system, it's just so unfair for my widdle princess to have to be tied up in her own yard!

But her saftey is my main concern.
    I think I may add chicken wire to the top of the fence. I just wish my STUPID neighbors would do something to keep their dogs OFF OF MY FENCE!!!!!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy