Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: its hammie time!!!!

its hammie time!!!!

here are some pics of my dwarf hamster, Butters!!! post pics of your hammies here!!!!

look forward to seeing pics of other hammies!!!
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

I don't have any hamsters, but how about some pics of Shanna's (Twisterdog) hamsters?

*Thanks Ashley*

AWWWWEE!!! theyare so cute!!! Dwarf hammies are so adorable!!!

what is that they are housed on?? bark multh(sp?)??

aww!! Butters is soooo cute! did you name him after Butters on South Park? lmao <3 south park..

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
    AWWWWEE!!! theyare so cute!!! Dwarf hammies are so adorable!!!

what is that they are housed on?? bark multh(sp?)??
    That's just their holding cage. She was cleaning their regular cage when I took those pics. I don't know what's in the holding cage

*Thanks Ashley*

Originally posted by bckrazy
    aww!! Butters is soooo cute! did you name him after Butters on South Park? lmao <3 south park..
    yea i named him butters because i love the butters character on south park ...

lol. Your hamster actually kind of looks like Butters!

I will get a picture of my hammie shortly!!

My Hammie!!!!

Here is a really cute pic of my hamster. It's one of my favorite pics! My hammie's name is Max.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Very cute pictures all.

Jynelle, the fluffy bedding you are using for your hamster is very dangerous. If ingested it can get caught in the intestines, not to mention they can get their legs caught it the awful stuff.

Anyways, for those of you who are interetsted in the colours of the hamsters,

Butters is an argente platinum (platinum being the pattern) campbells russian dwarf, and the other two are argente campbells russian dwarfs. Those wood chips aren't the best bedding to use. It isn't very comfortable for the hamster. Max is a short haired sable syrian hamster.

Also, for those of you who didn't know, campbells russian dwarf hamsters have a tendancy to be diabetic. It is a very common problem that most owners don't know. Dietary changes need to be made for these hamsters. Symptoms are excessive drinking, urinations, and excercise.

These are my two curren hamsters:

Toby- Long haired silver gray pearl black rex syrian hamster- 2 months old

Scarlett- Long haired Dove dominant spot tortoiseshell syrian hamster.

I have owned many hamsters. I used to do rescue, and a little breeding on the side. I am also a proud member of the California Hamster Association.
    Also, for those of you who didn't already know, the people from Critters magazine put out a Hamsters magazine about a month ago. They sell this magazine at most pet stores. I am in the magazine unfortunately, on page 99.
    Winterbell Hamstery
    Breeding quality Syrian hamsters in Virginia
    http://wwwfreewebs.com/jynxedhamstery

Originally posted by DejaVu

Jynelle, the fluffy bedding you are using for your hamster is very dangerous. If ingested it can get caught in the intestines, not to mention they can get their legs caught it the awful stuff.

that bedding i use is not dangerous. it says right on the back that it is completely safe. its made from plant fibre that can be eaten without causing harm. it is non-toxic, non-irritant, non-allergenic and will not suport bacterial growth. it says that is has been tested for purity. it also says that it is safer and comfortable then wood shhavings and paper......

why would you breed and do a rescue? isnt that kinda hyprocritical??

Butters is a campbell Argente Platinum with ruby eyes. like you said, it is nice to see another person here who knows hamster coloring .

All of our hamsters are at the Rainbow Bridge, now. I decided after losing the last one, Olivia, two years ago, that we were finished. I do get tempted every time I see a precious picture of one as Pet of the Day, or like in this thread. I just love them. I just wish they lived longer.

This is one of my favorite pictures, though, of Phoebe, in Helen's nighshirt pocket. I would love to find some digital shots of Rusty, Evelyn and Olivia, too. I will look but I think they are all in photograph form.

why would you breed and do a rescue? isnt that kinda hyprocritical??

Butters is a campbell Argente Platinum with ruby eyes. like you said, it is nice to see another person here who knows hamster coloring .
    It's not really hypocritical. I knew what I was breeding for and at the time I was beginning to want to breed more that rescue, as the rescues I brought in had a chance at threatening my animals, had the rescues had any illnesses. Also, after having a lady drop of 17 dwarf hamsters and not reply to any of my emails with questions afterwards, I got kind of tired of that crap.
    Winterbell Hamstery
    Breeding quality Syrian hamsters in Virginia
    http://wwwfreewebs.com/jynxedhamstery

Butters is one of my favorite South Park kids too! he does remind me of Butters, he looks really sweet!!

this is a horrible story, but when I was 10 years old, me and my sister got two dwarf hamsters for christmas. My Dad got them from the pet store.. and a week after we got them, the larger hamster (mine, RainbowBrite) killed/ate the small hammy (my sisters, Cookie)! they were very well fed, drinking, had a very large cage with those fun tubs to play in they even had a big exercise ball.. the larger hamster also acted very strangely and he would bite everyone, so my Dad took him back to the pet store . that was the last time I had hamsters, kind of traumatizing. I felt SO bad for the poor little hammies and always wondered why RainbowBrite was driven to kill Nibbles?

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Is it true that dwarfs are the only breed of hamsters that will live together peacefully? (usually, I guess, but not in your case, bckrazy ) I've never had a dwarf hamster before. Aren't they supposed to live longer too?