Thread: Amazing Pet Tricks or Habits

Amazing Pet Tricks or Habits

Do any of your pets have really cool tricksor cute habits they can do?
    Mine doesn't really do anything except beg for his pigloo! He loves that thing! He also starts to squeak when he hears food pouring into his bowl.

Please tell me yours, I would love to hear about them!

------------------
    ~~*-Boxers Are The Best-*~~

My friend's sheperd dog-collie cross can jump up and stand on her hind legs(as long as you hold her paws!! ) and dance a little. The other one can find her rubber bone or ball no matter where in the house you hide it. And she can do it really fast too!

Hannah knows alot of tricks but my fave is getting the mail and delivering the mail.

If you give her a letter she will take it and open the mail box and put it in then shut the mail box, if you ask her to get the mail she will open the mail box get the letter close the mail box and bring you the letter. Its cute and everyone is shocked that a hound could learn tricks like that.
    ~~ My House Is Not A Home Without A Hound ~~

If you make your hands into a gun shape, point them at Daisy, and say, "BANG!" she will fall over and play dead. I guess you could say it's a sick joke but it gets people laughing

She also loves howling on command in that deep Basset voice of hers!

Wow! All your pets are so amazing! I love when I see animals do amazing tricks!
    ~~*-Boxers Are The Best-*~~

My Aussie knows how to turn in circles when I tell him, I guess that's kind of amazing, since a lot of people don't think its necessary. Oh! I will sit Bandit in front of me and I'll say, "What does a teddy bear look like?" and he will either roll on his back or stand up and lean up against my legs and he looks just like a teddy bear! It is SO cute! I will try and get a picture of it. My friend has a female Spitz miz named Missy that has a niche for standing up on her hind-legs. Me and Sydney (my friend) can hold her front paws and she will walk on her hind-legs, she can even walk up steps like that! Whenever you say, "Missy jump!" she will bounce up into your arms. And if you go hide mehind something like a chair and shout her name she will stand up on her hind-legs and look around until she can find you.

I recently discovered what my friend has trained ALL her dogs to do. When you call them they come running and cock their heads at you. I found out that they really want you to lift their ears and blow! And then they surprise you and bark. It can really scare you if you don't know the dogs well and we made this little baby cry!! (The mum gave us a look that could have made us collapse if looks could kill!)
    I think I own my dog, but it owns my heart and home

I watched 'Amazing Animal Videos' on Animal Planet when I was on vacation (we don't get that channel offered here), and they had a lab on it who could talk! No, really, she could! She would make noises and little barks that sounded exactly what she wanted to say. She could say "I love you," "Where's Momma," and "Video." She could say a lot more but I forget the rest. I thought of Kay Ann's Simba when I saw that because I remember hearing that he says "I love you."

Well, my lil cockatiel has a penchant for using my old dog to climb up on the counter. Java calls Chevy over, and then gets on his back. Chevy goes over to the counter, and the bird uses the drawers to get up, and into the breadbox.

My goose used to hop up on the couch when I was eating there...and usually cuddled until she got it...I always gave in with her.

I have watched Amazing Animal Videos a couple of times and I didn't see a Lab who could talk but I saw a Siberian Husky who could. My guinea pig can stand up on his hind-legs on command. He is learning to give me his paw on command, but its taking sometime.

Hey Daisy's Mom playing dead is one of Hannah's fave tricks to But you have to make the gun with your fingers or she won't do it. It is kinda a sick trick but everyone finds it funny, some say that teaching a hound that trick isn't a good idea if you ever wanted it to hunt, all the dog would do is lay in the field and play dead

Ha! Well my baby is never gonna be a hunter Daisy is the same way: if you don't point, she won't so it! Yeah it is a sick trick, my mom hates it But it makes people laugh and that's what Daisy lives to do!

And BandiTank I think you are right; I think it was a talking huskie! Sorry!

Ya thats what I tell people, My houndies DO NOT HUNT. I hate to see hunters going around with thier big guns and little beagles it makes me sooo mad. Then after hunting season is over I have a note from the shelter "we just got 5-6 hounds in can you post them for adoption".

And ya I saw that show to I think it was a husky But there have been a bunch of labs on it to.