Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why does my cat mess on the rug in front of the litter box?

Help I think my cat is PREGNANT?!?

She's one of the skinny type cats and the begging of December she started getting fatter and fatter.Also she won't walk as much as she used to and she's hungry all the time.

Know all I have to do is wait.By the way after a cat gets pregnant how long do you have to wait?

Oliver comes home from the vet today after being neutered yesterday. His x-rays of his feet were fine. The office ran the wrong stool test on him. Even though I requested a stool (smear/float) for parasites other than worms and explained, like giarrdia or some other type of amobia type thing that is usually treated w/ antibiotics, they ran a regular stool test. The tech I talked to on the phone told me she would discuss the charges w/ the office manager and re-run the test I requested--so that is still be pending. I told her I specifically told the front desk that he had been wormed for tapes and all others 3 weeks ago. Her response was--"well no wonder his stool test came back negative" and they were still going to charge me $18 for a Drontil (sp?) pill!!!!!!!!

Why is it so hard to communicate with them?

Silly vets

But it sounds like Oliver is in good shape which is very good news

Oliver is home! Poor guy has an incision on his belly larger than any cat I've ever had spayed and the other end too! (Due to being cryptorchid) He is very talkative, but moving slowly. While he was gone, I recleaned the carpet in the computer room and disinfected his litter boxes, so he came home to everything sparkling clean. He didn't leave them any stool to test, so I need to take one back in at another time. My husband went in to pick him up yesterday (they have never seen him before) and just said "I'm here to pick up my cat". They said, "Well, we have 3 of them, which one is yours?" He replied with, "THE Mouth!" and they snickered and said "Oh, you must be Oliver's Dad!"

Litterbox problems.

I too have a cat that poops outside the litterbox. Her name is Snickers, and I have been told she is a "Tortos". She is an inside cat. She too is front declawed, and I have taken her to the vet a few different times in regards to this "pooping" problem. I had also heard about the possibility of "declawing problems" (after it was too late). Nothing was found wrong with her paws though. She has had x-rays, urine/stool samples, blood tests. Nothing has been found wrong with her. My husband and I used to live in a condo, where she began this behavior at about 2 years old (she is almost 6 now). I clean the litterbox at least every day, if not more when it's possible. We scoop out any poop or urine that we see. We have tried two large litterboxes in different locations, but our other cat seems to be terretorial, and jumps in them first. I bleach clean the litterbox frequesntly, and we have tried many types of litter. We have tried the covered and uncovered litterbox...changing locations. Nothing seems to work. When we lived in our previous home, she always went in the same room (our guest bedroom). After always cleaning the carpets, we had to replace them finally. We have been living with my parents for the past year, while re-building our new house. Snickers has found a "new" area to poop in. Now it's in my mother's formal dining room (which we will replace for her once we move to our new home). She goes in the same area every time, and it's never in the room the litterbox is in.

I would NEVER even think of getting rid of Snickers. She is an absolutely wonderful, loving cat.....our other cat, Casanova does not have this pooping problem. We spend lots of time with our cats. They both would be considered spoiled......but I am at the point of giving up, and just cleaning the poop every day. My husband put hardwood floors and tile in our new house through out, hoping this would help the problem (she has never gone on hardwood or tile in the past two homes). If you have any suggestions, I would be open.......we even tried putting foil on the areas she was pooping (we had heard this would help since they don't liek foil)......she just pooped around it.

Please help!!

She too is one of the sweetest cats you have ever met (matching right up with my male cat). It is hard to see a pattern to her pooping, besides the location.

I also have a male cat named Casanova, and both are wonderful animals, the pride of my life.
    Love My Cats

I would be more than happy to adopt this kitty!!!

I noticed yesterday morning that Oliver's abdominal incision was red, hard, and weeping. I took him to the vet and he had a fever and now he is on Amoxi Drops. Makes me think they didn't follow sterile procedures during his surgery! In all the animals I have ever had fixed, I've never had one become infected. Any one out there know if the Amoxicillin will help a protozoa or amobia type parasite in the GI tract? Like Giarrdia. I am hoping that it will have a dual affect and clear up his stinky, mushy, stools as well as his surgical infection.