Thread: Huskies

Huskies

An alaskan husky recently showed up on my back porch and my dad and I have taken her in. We've been checking the papers for "lost dog" ads and none have appeared, so we have decided to keep her. She appears to be a mix between husky and pug but looks to be predominantly husky. We've been looking around the internet to find information about huskies and have found some great stuff but we can't find what she likes to play with. She finds no appeal in a ball or frisby and we are at a loss. If anybody knows what huskies like to do to play (other than run- we've got that one figured out ) I would greatly appreciate it if you could drop me an email or pm. Thank you!

I have no advice for you but congrats on your new addition what did you decide to name him/her?
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I'm not sure. I'm thinkin either Janie or Mrs. Jones. I'm leaning more towards Mrs. Jones just because there is absolutely no reason for that to be her name.

do you need name suggestions?
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

sure! All are welcome!

Any names are welcome but I gtg. I'd appreciate any suggestions and I'll check again later tonihgt.

My huskies generally aren't all that interested in toys! They like stuffies and will play tug with a rope toy. Balls, frisbees ect are pretty much a waste of money! As you've already noticed a husky's favorite thing is to run, run, run! As long as they get enough opportunity to do that, they don't need too many toys. A tired husky is a good husky!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

My husky prefers expensive shoes, gloves, and any other forbidden thing that she can get her paws on. Her favorite pastime is digging to China.

Thank you Wolfie!

Originally posted by Tonya
    My husky prefers expensive shoes, gloves, and any other forbidden thing that she can get her paws on. Her favorite pastime is digging to China.
    ROFL!!! How could i have forgotten the digging to China!?
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Thank yall so much for your help. I really appreciate it!

Tonya and Glacier, you don't need to worry -- when any of the husky pack arrive here I will take great care of them while they are visiting LOL. I used to have a part husky years ago and my back yard is still pitted with holes to this day
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Husky and Pug!? You must post pictures!!

I have a Husky/ACD mix and she very rarely fetches. She prefers stuffies and rope toys. She also loves her kong.

Congrats on your new pup!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Our husky girl loves sticks and acorns and anything with feathers or fur on it because that is a forbiddon cat toy. She does play with tennis balls and stuffies..but doesn't like to chew bones at all. But she really really loves sticks....the bigger the better! Tree limbs work the best...

Denyce