Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: We've got babies!!!

Day 4 pics!

Thanks!

These guys are such cuties!!! I am definitely keeping two of them. The Dalmation female (show quality markings!) and the blazed cap stripe. I definitely have a blue...the other looks like a platinum maybe? Though he may be a blue as well. The blue blazed baby might be a keeper as well. We will see. Their fur is now growing. In just a few days they will be furry and oh so much cuter! It's hard to think they can get any cuter than this.

Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

more

Hi Pet Talk!

You can see the Dal girl on top, and the blue blazed baby on the left.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

i love this pic! they are all so cute!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Cass, I have to tell you about the dream I had last night. First of all you might remember that back in the summer I was thinking about getting a pair of female rats. I have never owned rats, but I had gerbils and mice all the time when I was younger. I used to raise baby gerbils and mice. Anyway, when I went home last night I looked up breeders in my area because looking at your babies made me think I still might want some rats . After that I went to bed. I had a dream that I went to the breeder and I got a pair and took them home in a box. As I was setting up their cage the female had babies. I swear it seemed so real, it was really weird. I actually woke up thinking that I had to check on the babies . Just thought I'd share since it was your babies that sparked my imagination
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

luckies4me, what are you gonna do with the babies you don't keep? are you gonna sell them?

Originally posted by My Peanuts
    Cass, I have to tell you about the dream I had last night. First of all you might remember that back in the summer I was thinking about getting a pair of female rats. I have never owned rats, but I had gerbils and mice all the time when I was younger. I used to raise baby gerbils and mice. Anyway, when I went home last night I looked up breeders in my area because looking at your babies made me think I still might want some rats . After that I went to bed. I had a dream that I went to the breeder and I got a pair and took them home in a box. As I was setting up their cage the female had babies. I swear it seemed so real, it was really weird. I actually woke up thinking that I had to check on the babies . Just thought I'd share since it was your babies that sparked my imagination

LOL. Isn't it weird how dreams can be so real? It's crazy! So planning on getting some ratties eh?
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Originally posted by lute
    luckies4me, what are you gonna do with the babies you don't keep? are you gonna sell them?
    I place all of my babies in pet homes.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

That is just TOO cute!

Look at their little whiskers!!!!

Wish I could get one, lol.

-Amanda-
    Owned by...
    (Betta) Neptune
    (Bunny) Chester
    (Cats) Misty and Squeekers

*Pet Portraits*

Originally posted by luckies4me
    LOL. Isn't it weird how dreams can be so real? It's crazy! So planning on getting some ratties eh?
    I'm definitely playing with the idea. The problem is I would have to get rid of my fish. I don't like the idea of re-homing pets, even fish and I have never done it. The problem is one of my fish is picking on the other two (there are only three) So I think I have to re-home the big guy. I don't want to re-home the other two, but there is another problem. They are in a 55 gallon tank and they will eventually need a 100 gallon tank (it might be a few more years) There is no way to fit a tank that size in my house right now. I really don't know what to do. The thought of all this is really bothering me, enough of that rambling though. If I do decide to re-home the fish, there is a very high chance I will be visiting a rat breeder unless you live close enough to me
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

OMG!! They are so CUTE!!! And so small!!
    Congradulations on new addition
    It´s so funny to see them like that.. I think I have never even seen newborn rat baby in real life And it´s so cute to se already their marking...AWWWW

Liga(me),Carreras(gordon setter),Simba(the cat),Felix(bun),Aisha & Nila(ratties),Ellie(guinea piggy)

I believe this is the most awesome thread I have ever seen. I love seeing the rats growing up. Please keep us updated with pictures. I have never seen baby rats before and this is a cool learning experience for me!

It is so funny how they are all piled up in a little baby rattie ball...

They are so cute as always.. what a proud mommy rattie!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Originally posted by petslover
    I believe this is the most awesome thread I have ever seen. I love seeing the rats growing up. Please keep us updated with pictures. I have never seen baby rats before and this is a cool learning experience for me!
    ditto! i love rats and seeing these grow up is wonderful!

I'm feeling a little under the weather today, but here's an updated pic. I'll post more later.

Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

I can see their soft hair growing - they must feel like velvet

thanks k9krazee for the signature!