Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad Note About Park Ferals

Sad Note About Park Ferals

I received this note today from the Park. Apparently the dogs got loose in the park again and got another cat and more chickens. Here's the note:

We contacted head of PnR to get the info on the killings. The dog's owners were cited and fined for each chicken (19 according to the parks dept) and cats that were killed. Owners are getting charged $25/chicken and $100/cat. Wednesday evening the dogs got loose again and killed two more chickens and one cat. I'm really sad to say that I think the one they killed was Cheeto. We found the orange and white kitty that hangs out in the coop yesterday by the door to the mill and granary. The dog's owners were again cited and fined; and the dogs were taken by animal control. We don't know the outcome of that yet, but I will keep you posted. I will miss our orange coop kitty, he always helped keep the eggs warm in the nesting boxes.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Ohhhh those owners make me mad Don't they have a heart or compassion or something!! Does your city have a leash law?

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

I 'm so sorry to hear the sad news. Please accept this {{{HUG}}} and keep us in formed on the out come of the dogs.

Originally posted by mina'smomma
    Ohhhh those owners make me mad Don't they have a heart or compassion or something!! Does your city have a leash law?
    Yes we do have a leash law, that is why they got cited and dogs taken away! I just feel like crying! It hasn't been a good day all the way around.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

I'm glad they seized the dogs! Some owners just don't get it, or just don't care. Sad.

RIP Coop kitty. Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Thanks all, it's just been a horrible week. All this park stuff and Kevin lost his grandma Wednesday morning.

I am so sorry for your cats! I just don't understand why people think it is okay to mistreat animals and why these things continue to happen. This gets me going on a rant again..so I'll stop before I start. So sad...
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

Oh Lisa, I'm so sorry.

You would think, that if there are repeated offences they'd do more than just slap them with a fine and send the dogs back home. Should we, perhaps, start a letter writing campaign? Once they're inundated with PT emails, they might just think twice about sending those dogs back.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

(((HUGS)))) Lisa
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
    Oh Lisa, I'm so sorry.

You would think, that if there are repeated offences they'd do more than just slap them with a fine and send the dogs back home. Should we, perhaps, start a letter writing campaign? Once they're inundated with PT emails, they might just think twice about sending those dogs back.
    The dogs were taken by animal control, so hopefully they won't be returned to these IRRESPONSIBLE people. Our poor Cheeto. The park just loved him cause he would lay in the nest with the chickens and keep the eggs warm. I'm just sick over the whole ordeal!

Thanks Debbie! The letters might just be a great idea!

Originally posted by CalliesMom
    I am so sorry for your cats! I just don't understand why people think it is okay to mistreat animals and why these things continue to happen. This gets me going on a rant again..so I'll stop before I start. So sad...
    I feel like ranting myself. My stomachs upset, my head hurts, and I'm fuming!

I'm so sorry to hear about this too.
    Irresponsible pet owners really get me steamed
    I certainly hope the dogs are NOT given back to those stupid people! Obviously the fines didn't bother them, so they need something else to knock some sense into them...a baseball bat perhaps?

Thanks everyone! Even though these are ferals and reside in a park, they're still like our own to us. We've been taking care of them for 6 years now, so how do you not feel attached? They're fixed, fed and watered daily, and we see them everyday! We both are sick over this.

It's a sad situation all the way around. I feel sorry for the dogs, too because they couldn't possibly have been given a good home. Now they will be punished because of an irresponsible owner.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Originally posted by dukedogsmom
    It's a sad situation all the way around. I feel sorry for the dogs, too because they couldn't possibly have been given a good home. Now they will be punished because of an irresponsible owner.
    YEP! I feel the same way. I'm more worried they'll be returned to the original owners, though, and now that they have the taste of blood and know where to get it, they'll be back.