Thread: rat terriers

rat terriers

ok i have a rat terrier named bingo, he is about 2-3 years old. he acts just like a human. he is prolly the smartest dog i've ever had. when he wants something he actually asks for it!! like my lil sister was eating a peice of cheese and she didnt want it anymore so she left it on a plate in the middle of the floor. instead of just eating it, he came over to me and got my attention then i wlked over to the plate and he showed that he wanted it, so i told him he could have it , then he ate it. he is also aware of the animals around him, my cat who is very very old, was outside and it was cold and she wanted to come in. so bingo got my mom's attention like he does when he wants to go out. when my mom opened the door for him he let the cat in. then today there was a real bad snow/sleet storm and it was below freezing out, but my cat, who is practically blind, had to go out(wanted). so a couple mins later i looked out and she was gone, so i wnet out to get her. bingo came out w/ me, i asked bingo to find toodles. so he ran off the deck into a bush(which he would normally nvr do!!) so i went to the bush...and my cat was there. he also knows when people are talking about him, even when you don't say his actually name and whenever my family pretend fight he always joins in(playfully though). he also used his paws like hands. one time we took him to the vet and he had to get a vaccine in his mouth. so when the vet put it in his mouth he took it w/ both hands and put it in his mouth and flung it across the room!!!! he is very smart. i read somewhere that rat terriers think they are human, so maybe thats why he acts that way, or maybe it's just him. if anyone else has a rat terrier or story about rat terrer(or any breed of dog) then please let me know!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My dad's good friend has a rat terrier named Roo. Cutest little pup ever! Coolest thing about Roo- he goes duck hunting with us! Yes, that's right- he goes duck hunting- ANNNDDD- he retrieves the ducks. Craig (his owner) has a Labrador too trained for hunting. Roo would get jealous when Craig would take the Lab hunting and not take him- so finally Craig took Roo out with him on the Mississippi and he LOVED it. He gets cold easily though so he only goes out on the warmer days and wears a neoprene vest to keep him warm. Don't have a picture though .
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

rat terriers

really, that's so cute. my dog gets real jealous also. when ever we pay attention to one of my other pets he gets right in out faces and demands attention(but in a cute kinda way) sounds like a pretty kool doggy, thanx for your reply