Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am in tears right now...

I am in tears right now...

I am so frustrated. Here I am on total bedrest. I have been having contractions every 8 minutes since I left the hospital yesterday. (They were 3 minutes apart there.) I take this medicine every 6 hours to slow them down. It makes the contractions really light and painless for a few hours, but the last few hours until my next dose is painful again. They're not hardcore labor pains, but strong enough where I have to stop walking or talking until they pass. I am so exhausted and my back is so sore. TMI, but I am also spotting too. Obviously, if the doctor put me on total bedrest, this is no joke.

Anyways, my stepmom called me at 9am.

She said "What are you doing?"

"Sleeping."

"It's 9am."

"Yeah, what else am I supposed to do."

"Are you coming out Saturday?" (We have ANOTHER freakin Xmas present opening event at their house Saturday.)

"No, I am bedrest, remember?"

"Well, you just have to sit there."

"Well, I've been 'just sitting there' on my bedrest the past month or so...obviously that wasn't slowing down enough if I went into labor. The doctor told me that I cannot leave my bed at all."

"Whatever. Are you going to your sister's basketball game tonight?"

"NO, I am staying in bed."

"Well, you promised her you would. It is her birthday, you know."

"Yes I know. "

"Well she is going to be really disappointed in you. The least you can do is call her...Don't forget that Friday is your dad's birthday too, we're going out to dinner."

"I know, I am not coming."

"Whatever. Nicky Boy was born when Tresa was only 6 months pregnant. I don't see why you are making a big deal out of this."

"Well, Nicky Boy was in the hospital for 6 months and had health problems for the rest of his life."

"Oh, your baby will be fine."

So, we hang up, I'm perturbed...

An hour later, my dad calls. (Obviously my stepmom had called him.) I didn't answer but he left a message....

"Hey, bum. What, are you still sleeping? I hear you aren't going to Alyssa's game tonight. I thought we were going together. I'm calling to get your butt out of bed, you need to go tonight, you promised. And about Saturday, everyone is coming over. You have to come. Call me back."

@#$&*% them. That's all I have to say.

Thank you Wolfie!

Oh, Tonya...I'm so sorry your family is being so unsupportive of you right now. I know that the bed-rest thing hasn't been easy for you, but you are following Dr's orders, and keeping your baby healthy. Good for you! Hang tight. You know what is best for your and your baby...not them! We're here for you...with fingers and paws crossed, anxiously awaiting Tyler's arrival! I can't wait to see him!
    ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <><

<>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><>

Faith is being able to jump first and grow wings later

When a waterbug leaves his friends and climbs the stalks, he is unable to return. But he gains a beautiful new body and a glorious perspective on a new world. He knows his friends will join him with their new bodies one day...one glorious day

Thats terrible Tonya...don't listen to them! Hugs...
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Don't let them pressure you. Will your husband back you up? If he will and they won't back off, get him to tell them to drop it. Maybe hearing it from two of you will help get the message through!

You take care of you and this little one. No basketball game, dinner ect is worth risking the health of your baby!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

That is pretty stupid that they would want to put you or your baby in jeopardy just because they want you to go somewhere. They know you realize that you promised to be there, but that was before you had to be put on complete bed rest.

I think they would want you to stay in bed so that you can do whats best for your little one.

*Hugs*

Tonya.....on a lighter note..if you go into full blown labor and are home alone the cute firemen next door can deliver the baby!

I have been frosted!

They should know better, but they don't. Know that you are in our prayers, and that doing the right thing, while hard, is ultimately worth it. They can open presents without you, your sister will be okay without you at her game, she'll undrestand someday. It is not like this "bed rest" thing is your choice, or that you've never had pregnancy difficulties before. You don;t get to choose your family, but you do get to choose your friends. We, your friends, will still be here for you.

Oh for petes sakes that was just so uncalled for on your stepmoms part!! Try not to let them get to you. You need to think of yourself and Tyler right now Dont let them make you feel guilty.

I'm sure this is all really hard on you. My sister was pretty much on bed rest with her son. She had what is called prevaplacenta.
    I think that's what is what called. It's where the placenta comes before the baby. It's a pretty dangerous thing. Anyway, the whole pregancy was real hard on my sister she was sure glad when it was all over. You hang in there and take care ok!

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

That was really cruel to say. I am sorry to hear this. You are doing the right thing.

How totally inconsiderate. Put your foot down. Your concern now is for YOUR health as well as that of your baby. Prayers to you for the strength to say NO, for your health and for the health of your baby. Please, please take care of yourself.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Tonya,

First thing I'd do, is change the message on your answering machine to the following:

"Hi, this is Tonya. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I'm unable to come to the phone. If you're calling to find out whether I will be attending functions in the next few days , the answer is N-O! If there is a part of N-O that you don't understand, please call my OB-GYN at (phone number) and he will be more than happy to explain it in further detail. Oh, and by the way, just to let you know, should ANY of you be at ALL concerned about MY well-being, my reply to you is Fine, and YOU???.

Thanks and have a nice day!"

Then lay back, take care of you and Tyler and just let the machine do what it's supposed to do. You don't need that kind of aggravation right now, honey.

Some people just don't get it.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Originally posted by moosmom
    Tonya,

First thing I'd do, is change the message on your answering machine to the following:

"Hi, this is Tonya. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I'm unable to come to the phone. If you're calling to find out whether I will be attending functions in the next few days , the answer is N-O! If there is a part of N-O that you don't understand, please call my OB-GYN at (phone number) and he will be more than happy to explain it in further detail. Oh, and by the way, just to let you know, should ANY of you be at ALL concerned about MY well-being, my reply to you is Fine, and YOU???.

Thanks and have a nice day!"

Then lay back, take care of you and Tyler and just let the machine do what it's supposed to do. You don't need that kind of aggravation right now, honey.

Some people just don't get it.

Thats perfect...and also add.."hopefully you understand that my sons lung and brain development are more important than a basketball game, a dinner, or present opening!"

I have been frosted!

Originally posted by Karen
    They should know better, but they don't. Know that you are in our prayers, and that doing the right thing, while hard, is ultimately worth it. They can open presents without you, your sister will be okay without you at her game, she'll undrestand someday. It is not like this "bed rest" thing is your choice, or that you've never had pregnancy difficulties before. You don;t get to choose your family, but you do get to choose your friends. We, your friends, will still be here for you.
    Our Karen always knows what to say and I completely agree with her.
    I just can't fathom why your family would treat you that way? When people are put on bed-rest during their pregnancy, it's not for the sheer joy of it. I'm sad to see that they don't seem to have your best interest in mind, and being adults, that's just sad. Especially for anyone who's had a baby, they should understand the seriousness of this. I sure hope your husband is more understanding.

We're here for you. Take care of yourself and the baby and don't let your family get you down.
    **hugs**

Originally posted by caseysmom
    Thats perfect...and also add.."hopefully you understand that my sons lung and brain development are more important than a basketball game, a dinner, or present opening!"
    Amen! I think moosmom's and caseysmom's ideas are great!

Oh good grief! Hang in there. Right now your priority has to be your health and the baby's... {{{Gentle hugs}}}

[Sorry this sounds crude, I can't think of a tactful way to phrase it and no offense is meant-- Is there anyone sane in your family who can serve as a buffer for you right now?]
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/