Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adding a new family member soon!

Adding a new family member soon!

A friend of mine is moving soon, I believe next week. She has a 2 year old female cat that she can no longer keep. I will be taking this cat in. She has claws and is not fixed. She will be fixed within a few weeks after I have her. She will be an indoor only cat.

She was raised with plenty of dogs, and doesn't flinch at the sight of them, and will not hesitate to put a dog in their place. Which is what Gracie needs. She is a calico cat I believe. She sounds very beautiful, I will be calling my friend about her tomorrow. I might get her tomorrow or late next week.

Gracie goes into the vet on the 7th, so I need to also ask my vet if the new cat can share the same food with Cubby. If anyone can answer this question for me with out having to ask my vet about it. I will be able to get the cat sooner.

Cubby is on Science Diet Perscription Diet, for UTI control. If they can not share that food I will have to find a good medium of food for the two of them to share. Right now I spend around 40$ every 3 months on cat food for a 20 lb. bag. I don't mind spending that much at all as long as both of them can eat it.

Thanks,
    Katie

First of all.....congratulations!!

AND yes, I feed ALL 15 the prescription urinary tract food. It is much better for her to eat this food than to take Cubby off of it.

Tapping foot, waiting for pictures

Wow, Cubby sure is getting lots of company these days. I'm so glad you are giving these great pets a good home. I can't wait to see pictures of this pretty girl.

As for the food question...you got and answer from the expert Jen and I have no doubt that she is correct!

I am just here, joining Jen with the tapping of the foot and to keep her company while she is waiting... Can you post a picture NOW?

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Congrats! This is so exciting that you are gettign a sister for Cubby!

I'm standing right behind Jen and Laura in that foot tapping while waiting for pictures!

Congratulations on your new addition! Pictures please...

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Congrats and it sounds like she'll have a much better home, also. We will look forward to pics.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

How exciting .... can't wait to meet Miss Gracie!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I just called my friend. I will be getting Rachel on Tuesday night. I found out what she looks like. She is mostly while with a few calico markings. She sounds a lot like Debbie's Lizzie. She does go out side every now and then, but for the most part she wants to be inside with every one.

I don't have any pictures yet, I will have my camera on hand on Tuesday night, and I will try to keep Cubby and Rachel seperate until I can get her into the vet to be tested. I do believe her testing has been done already but I could be wrong. She will also be fixed within a month or so of me having her. She has had several litters of kittens and she has been a great mom but wants to retire from that kind of life.

Katie

I am also right along with you guys, tapping my foot waiting to get my hands on her and take pictures.

That is so good,of you,to take this Cat,in,and what was your friend,thinking of,a two year old Cat,that is bnot spayed.I am gald,that that Calico,is out,of her hands!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Congratulations on your new soon to be addition.

Can't wait to see pictures and to hear how everything turns out.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Congratulations on the impending new addition!

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Catgrats on your new girl to be! Very glad to hear she'll be spayed too!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Congrats on your new addition!!! She sounds beautiful. I can't wait to her pictures either.

Originally posted by cubby31682
    A friend of mine is moving soon, I believe next week. She has a 2 year old female cat that she can no longer keep. I will be taking this cat in. She has claws and is not fixed. She will be fixed within a few weeks after I have her. She will be an indoor only cat.
    Congratulation on your new fur kid. Remember to introduce them slowly.
    http://www.piftails.com/introducingnewcat.html
    Originally posted by cubby31682 Gracie goes into the vet on the 7th, so I need to also ask my vet if the new cat can share the same food with Cubby. If anyone can answer this question for me with out having to ask my vet about it. I will be able to get the cat sooner…….
    Cubby is on Science Diet Perscription Diet, for UTI control.
    Yes, they can share the food all eight of my cats are on this food as Tigs & George are prone to UTI infections.

I know you are not going to declaw your new cat as you said.....
    Originally posted by cubby31682 I will never have a cat declawed again, unless it is for pure medical reasons. Such as the nail grows weird and needs to be taken out or what ever.
    .....but I was concerned about your landlord as you said…..
    Originally posted by cubby31682
    When I got Cubby my landlord requires that all cats are fixed, declawed, and up to date on all shots.
    Do you need or want help convincing the landlord about using soft paws or post training with this new cat ? Or are you just going to sneak her in and not tell him

If you need any help on training new cat to a post or any other element of owning a cat with claws please post.