Page 7 of 93 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

Thread: Third Annual California BBQ!!!

Originally posted by AmberLee

I'm almost positive I'll be flying in. Have people started commiting to hotels yet?
    Amberlee...Slick will be staying at the Radisson on Wilshire. Its very close to Gini's and in a safe area.

Are you going to Disneyland too?
    Last edited by NoahsMommy; 01-19-2005 at 10:37 AM.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Originally posted by Uabassoon
    Alexa and I will be staying in Anaheim. I think we'll stay at the Ramada right by Disneyland. We stayed there last year, it wasn't great but for the price it isn't too bad. It nice to be able to walk to the park instead of dealing with parking there. I think we'll get in Friday night then head up to L.A. on Saturday for the BBQ. Then leaving early on Monday to drive back..
    YAY!!!! I'm so excited to meet you both! Disneyland will be a blast!!! Woo hoo!!!

...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Good news!

Alexa and I have been talking and it looks like we are going to extend our trip for a day. I really want to go to California adventure since I've never been before. So we'll be getting a two day park hopper and spending one day at Disneyland and one at California Adventure.

I had a thought today, I know it's a cheesy one. But I was thinking that if enough people came to the BBQ maybe we should look into getting a t-shirt made. I think it would be a fun little souvienr or the trip. I know if you buy enough it's pretty cheap to get silk screen t-shirts. If no one likes the idea I totally understand!
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Re: Good news!

Originally posted by Uabassoon
    ...But I was thinking that if enough people came to the BBQ maybe we should look into getting a t-shirt made. I think it would be a fun little souvienr or the trip. I know if you buy enough it's pretty cheap to get silk screen t-shirts. ...
    Not to burden her unduely, but WolfLady designed a tee-shirt for something else a while back and it was adorable. Maybe she could do another design for us, huh, huh, huh, please?
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

I remember that Kelly and Karen were going to design t-shirts for the first LA PT BBQ but I guess either it was too difficult or not enough people were interested. I can't quite remember.
    Those of you from last year please remember to bring your PT visors. I never did get a group shot of everyone wearing them.

Oooh! I really really want to go. I'm supposed to go back to work in the beginning of July though. It probably would not be cool to them if I took vacation time after being off for almost a year. I'll have to play it by ear.

Thank you Wolfie!

OK....I was going to let Karen (Wolflady) post about this, but I can't wait (forgive me Karen...I'm just too excited! )
    We spoke on the phone tonight and tossed around some ideas for the T-shirts. Before coming up with a design, we need to come up with a theme. This is BBQ #3. What represents #3?

All of you creative minds out there, start thinking. It would be so cool if we could get a group shot of all of us in Pet Talk T-shirts (some of us will have the visors from last year as well).

Throw your ideas out there and let's brainstorm.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I am so tired and I probably have a bunch of people angry at me because I haven't responded much to this thread. Just you wait until February and my schedule slows down!

Most important of all, everyone that has expressed an interest in attending is SO welcome. The more the merrier. Just tell me how many shrimp to put on the BAR BE.

If there is going to be a really big crowd with a large thirst for slushies, I may ask you all to bring some of the ingredients or contribute to the cost. That is the part that can become expensive. I hope you understand.

Hmmm #3

1. Karen
    2. Paul
    3. Pet Talk = THIRD ANNUAL CALIFORNIA BBQ

OR

1. Dog of the Day
    2. Cat of the Day
    3. Pet of the Day = THIRD ANNUAL CALIFORNIA BBQ

OR

1. Slushie
    2. Slushies
    3. Oh, hell, I may as well have a THIRD ANNUAL BBQ.

Like I said, I am really tired tonight..............

zzzzzzzzzzz

after spending the last hour reading through last years thread all i can say is......

I am so jealous right now . Gini i "love" your third Tshirt idea, that is great.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

#3....Dale Earnhardt? NOT!!!

I like Gini's 3rd idea also.

Not to put any real pressure on anyone, but it would be neat if the "theme" of the t-shirt is something that can be continued forward in the years to come...

Unortunately I'm probably the least creative person here.....
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I may ask you all to bring some of the ingredients or contribute to the cost.

Of course, Gini, we will be contributing. I plan on covering the cost of the chicken this year as well as making the Bailey's and an appy...and of course....some slushie and BM ingredients.
    While I do like your #3 suggestion Gini, we don't want the people to think that all we do is drink......
    I like your ideas Debbie about carrying forward the theme from year to year. Oh dear, listen to me...we are assuming that Gini will be hosting this every year.....is that pressure or what??!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    OK, I must be having a blind moment, but for the life of me I can't find the DATE for the 3d CA BBQ! What is/are the date(s)? I'm going to Toronto 6/30 - 7/3 so I hope it's not that weekend.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

LOL LOL Slick! You beat me to it!

Yes, I recall coming up with some designs for some meeting, but I can't remember what they were or what meeting it was for. Amberlee, do you still have copies of designs that I might have sent you? I know I don't have them anymore

I'll ponder some on the "theme" as well. Does Mr. Fish have any ideas??

Originally posted by RedHedd
    OK, I must be having a blind moment, but for the life of me I can't find the DATE for the 3d CA BBQ! What is/are the date(s)? I'm going to Toronto 6/30 - 7/3 so I hope it's not that weekend.
    7/16/05

Gini's place

Be there!

Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
    7/16/05

Gini's place

Be there!

Yes M'am!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10