Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy 2nd Birthday dear Heidi

Happy 2nd Birthday dear Heidi

Tomorrow is Heidi's 2nd Birthday. I just thought I would write a short little thing about how I got her and everything.

My dad told me that if we moved to North Dakota (we lived in Minnesota at the time) I could get a dog. So when we moved to North Dakota I was VERY excited. We lived there a few months before we started to look for a dog. I wanted to get a fluffy dog because I like to groom, but my parents told me that if I got a hairy dog I couldn't have it inside because my mom is a neat freak and all that (hair and her don't get a long very well). my dad wanted to get a hunting dog for when they hunted, so we started looking at the hunting breeds. I have a dog book that we were looking at, and my dad really like the GSP in there. We had a friend over who said that there were people in a town about 15 miles away from us who had some GSP puppies for sale, and i agreed to go look at them. I wasn't exactly keen on getting a GSP because they didn't have a lot of hair and they were hunting dogs. I was really in love with the working group and i wanted a HUGE dog with lots of hair. They only had one puppy left, a male who had been badly burned on his rump by a heat lamp so he was "on sale" (I didn't like the breeder anyway), anyway, we went and looked and we fell in love with the breed and the puppies. I didn't want a male dog, so we didn't get it. I am sure though that if it was a female we might have got that one, BUT I didn't like the breeder anyay. I was like, "ok, a GSP is great...as long as I get a dog." So my mom started to call all these breeders around the state, and even out of the state, and finally we found an independent breeder (what i mean by that is someone who doesn't own a kennel) in the Twin City area, so my mom started talking to him, and he asked a bunch of questions about our lifestyle and my mom asked a bunch of questions about the parents and things. So we decided that he was the right breeder for us, so we decided to head down there and pick out our puppy. So we set out on Valentine's Day, Febuary 14th, 2002, and then we got there on the 15th, and picked out my baby. We had the first choice so we singled out 3 females. One was extremely independent and kind of stubborn, and i didn't want one that would be that way, and then another was really mellow and so we went for the one that was in between. We took her back to our hotel and bathed her (she didn't smell the nicest). Now she is two years old, and such a sweet girl. I have the best dog for me, and I have fallen deeply in love with GSPs. I can't believe how extremely lucky I am to have found my dog, my best friend, my dear, sweet Heidi. I love you Heidi and I couldn't image my life without you.

One of the first pictures we took of her:

Here she is now:

Happy Birthday, Heidi!

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEIDI !!!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Happy 2nd Birthday, Heidi!

----<---<--<{(@

Happy Birthday!

Happy 2nd B-day Heidi!!!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEIDI!!!
    and many more!! That first picture of you is pricless... our little furkids grow up too fast! &hearts;

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEIDI!!

Oh my goodness! I just love that puppy picture!!!! And she has grown up to be such a beautiful lady!!!

Happy Birthday, Heidi!!!!

Happy Birthday Heidi!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HEIDI!!!

I hope you have a wonderful day, sweetie!!! I think you are so cute. I love GSP's. Our dog trainer has about 4 of them and I absolutely fell in love with them. They just seemed so fun and full of life. Great dogs! I was driving down a street the other day and saw two of them out with their owner and immediately thought of Heidi!

Happy Birthday, Pretty Girl!

Robin, Katie and Tori

OMG!! That first picture of her is THE cutest!!!!

Oh Heidi, you have grown into a beautiful young lady!!
    I hope your birthday is wonderful!!

Happy 2nd Birthday to a special girl!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Happy Birthday Heidi!

thanks k9krazee for the signature!

~HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEIDI~
    That first picture of her is so cute! She is such a pretty dog.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEIDI

Liga(me),Carreras(gordon setter),Simba(the cat),Felix(bun),Aisha & Nila(ratties),Ellie(guinea piggy)