Thread: Litter Maid (litter box)

Litter Maid (litter box)

Has anyone out there tried the Litter Maid automatic litter box? We're thinking of getting one but didn't know if they actually worked. We have three cats and trying to stay on top of three litter boxes is quite a challenge. Also, we're trying to start a family so I am staying away from litter detail. For my husband's sanity, I thought I'd ask you wonderful knowledgeable people here at POTD. So my question is two-fold:

1- does the Litter Maid work and
    2- how many would I need for 3 cats?

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by cprince (edited May 02, 2001).]

I have friends that use this product. They said it works well, and that they would recommend it.
    I would think that if your cats are indoor you may want two. Otherwise there may be a line up!

We have a Litter Maid, but we don't use it. We use just one normal litter box for our 3 cats.

We thought that the litter in the Litter Maid was too shallow. I have litter box duties, and I try and clean it twice a day.

------------------
    Recently adopted by 3 cats: Jackson, Rosie, Fluffy; a dog: Eli; some fish, and my fiancee: Lynn (Vi Co Bi)

[This message has been edited by Fuzzy317 (edited May 02, 2001).]

Thanks for all the good advice.

Spencer, if you don't mind, would you let me know how the Eliminator works out for you? I went to the site and it looks really good. Let me know not only how it works for you but also how many you would need for 3 cats. We've been thinking about going from 3 boxes to 2 for our 3 babies. We clean our boxes out 2-3 times daily. Would love your input!

I have four cats, three litter boxes. One is the litter maid, which I LOVE.

Used to be used by two cats. Emptied tray when full (I reuse the trays, cheaper that way!).

Now it's used by one. His poop really stinks, so I REALLY appreciate this box- keeps it from stinking!!!!

My other two are just normal boxes, only because I don't have the room for more litter maids.

Jessi

------------------
    Kodak Moment the malamute/husky, Keesha Marie the cocker/field spaniel?, Fuji Film the chow/aussie?, Secretariat and Grem Lynne the unrelated brown tabby and white DSH, Hollow and Sparky, father/daughter black DSH, Cheyenne Autumn my pride and joy TB, Matastar's Morning Star my Rocky Mountain horse colt, and the birds!

I have four cats, three litter boxes. One is the litter maid, which I LOVE.

Used to be used by two cats. Emptied tray when full (I reuse the trays, cheaper that way!).

Now it's used by one. His poop really stinks, so I REALLY appreciate this box- keeps it from stinking!!!!

My other two are just normal boxes, only because I don't have the room for more litter maids.

Jessi

------------------
    Kodak Moment the malamute/husky, Keesha Marie the cocker/field spaniel?, Fuji Film the chow/aussie?, Secretariat and Grem Lynne the unrelated brown tabby and white DSH, Hollow and Sparky, father/daughter black DSH, Cheyenne Autumn my pride and joy TB, Matastar's Morning Star my Rocky Mountain horse colt, and the birds!