Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dear Barbara, I've been injured

Hybrid View

Dear Barbara, I've been injured

Dear Barbara,

I have not written you in a while, and now here I am with some "not so good" pictures of me that my Mom took Friday night. She told me that I needed to assure you that I am ok, though. She wouldn't want you to worry and I wouldn't either. My daddy did take me to the vet today to get a shot because I have been chewing on myself again, plus I scratched my wounds last night and started bleeding again. My mother is very sad because she said that I don't look quite as handsome right now and she doesn't want me to get an infection. I don't like it when she is sad. I tried to cuddle with her a lot last night in bed. she woke up and had her arm over me! But I didn't even bite her. I was cold and she was keeping me warm!

Anyway, last Friday night, I was "catting" around in my yard and when my mom let me back inside, she didn't notice anything being wrong, but then I jumped up on the butcher block and she screamed! As you can see, I was bleeding on my face. I haven't told my mom what I fought with, but she said it must have been something vicious and probably not a cat. I told her that she should see the other guy! My mom said I am lucky that my eyes weren't injured. Those scratches are awfully close to my eyes, she said.

Mom said that stuff like this is why I should stay indoors all the time, but I'm really not interested in doing that and I would make her life miserable if she made me do that. I did decide that now that it is so cold outside, I will stay inside more, though.

Well, I'd better go now. I wanted to tell you and your friends, "hello" and "Merry Christmas". Mom says I will get better soon, she's sure, and then she'll take another picture of me for you.

Love,
    Butter

ACK! Poor little Butter. I hope your facial lacerations heal quickly! Poor little kitty...

*kissies* on those boo boos , sweet Butter!!! Get better soon, honey and stay in where it's WARM!

Oh no! Butter, I'm so glad you're ok! How horrifying for your meowmy! Boy am I glad it's cold outside so you stay inside more. I know the other guy probably looks worse, but all your meomy knows and cares about is how bad you look. Heal quick sweetie, and continue to not bit your meowmy. She cares about you so much.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

OH Butter I hope you are feeling better. I can see why you gave your mommy such a scare. I can imagine what the other critter looks like.

Kisses to all your boo boos!!!

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Butter, you must be one tough kitty!! I hope you got your licks in on the other guy!!

Hope your scrtaches heal quickly!!

Oh, poor Butter! Poor other animal too- he must have looked 10x worse! Get better soon and here are some kisses!
    Chris

Well....I know a young man who will be seeing this picture....as a reminder of the evils that lurk outside!

Poor Buttercup!

btw....your dad took you to the vet???? Sounds like that relationship is getting better!

Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
    Well....I know a young man who will be seeing this picture....as a reminder of the evils that lurk outside!

Poor Buttercup!

btw....your dad took you to the vet???? Sounds like that relationship is getting better!
    I should have corrected Butter's statement. It took 3 of us to get Butter into the crate this morning. Daddy "dropped" Butter off at the vet because his office is closer. I am picking him up soon, I hope. I just called to check and see if he was ready, but he hasn't been seen yet. I'm sure he'll be in a lovely mood after being confined in a cage all morning!!

Uh oh. Yikes Butter! I hope those heal up quickly.

Kia's ears look the same. She's been coned.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Oh Butter... you Butter stay inside where it's safe!

Get better soon!!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Ouch.... Hope your eye heals soon.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Butter!! Ouch, that looks awfully painful!! I hope you feel better and give your parents a few kisses for scaring them to death!

OW!! Butter - your little face looks so sore - I hope the 'white coats' are able to give you 'stuff' to make you lots better.

Oh and maybe staying in for a little while would be a good idea? You know just til you start to heal.

{{{{Hugs}}}}} across the miles sweet furboy xxxx

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

Oh Butter, you had best leave those wounds alone or your mom will have you wearing one of those Elizabethian collars and whatever would that do for your Bad Boy reputation?

I do hope your day in the carrier wasn't the worst. Maybe you had fun snarling at anyone who came near! Hopefully you were a good patient when the doctor examined you. We would hate to hear that you needed to find yourself a new vet.

Anyway I know that a note from your favorite Barbara will soothe
    your ruffled fur. Hope you don't mind our reading over her shoulder.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France