Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one with cold-blooded pets?

Am I the only one with cold-blooded pets?

I have yet to see anyone on this Pet Talk mention they have a reptile. It seems like I'm the only one. I feel alone I'm kidding but I really would like to find out who owns a cute little herp.
    "It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions."-Mark Twain

I don't have any now, but i like them :] I used to have a tree frog though..lol..there pretty interesting ;] I want a snake for some reason..

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I used to have quite a few reptiles. Sadly, I could not pass up the opportunity when I was accepted at college and I knew that my mother would not want to nor be able to properly house my reptiles. I had a crevice spiny, some jewl swifts, a sailfin, 2 green iguanas, some skinks, some tree frogs, and at one point I housed some rescued reptiles; a garder snake which I rescued from kids that were trying to run it over with a lawnmower, and a yellow racer that was in our science lab at school and it needed a new home after the end of the school year.

I had a beautiful, huge walk-in terrarium that had lots of natural plants. It was natural oakwood on all sides, except the front which was plexi glass. It was equiped with 2 vita-lites and lots and lots of room for the lizards and frogs to climb and hide in. The snakes, obviously, were housed in a seperate area because they would have eaten all of my lizards. They were fun, and I took really good care of them, but they were sure alot of work! They all have or had great homes now. The Crevice Spiny lizard was my favorite, he actually had personality and he was great fun. One of my close friends who also shared my love of him, agreed to take good care of him until he passed of natural causes. He lived to be pretty old.

Do hermit crabs count? We have two of those!!!

I want a lepord gecko... they are soooooo beautiful i love their markings and their tails!! the only thing we have is the lizzards that run around here!
    KayAnn And Simba, the super duper "Wunduh Mutt"

Go Buccaneers!

I used to have frogs..kinda..I got tadpoll eggs from the pond, and watched them grow into frogs, if you haven't done it, you should its sooo interesting, i don't know why, but its really neat :] when they were frogs i just put them back in their ponds..

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Hi I am the proud owner of many Herps. I have a 3 ft. Savannah Monitor,Red Tegu,Frilled Lizard,Giant Day Gecko,Bearded Dragons.Unfortunately I my Velvet Gecko died last night. Pretty Bummed.
    I just Built a cage for my Savannah and he is loving it. It is 6 foot by 3 foot wide and 3 ft. deep. Filled it with Calci-sand and I am horrfied by what my Savannah is doing with it. Plus since the sand is green it is turning him green. What a mess!!!! cost me a furtune in money I have at least 200 lbs. of it in the enclosure and can't give it back. Oh well live and learn.
    What reptiles do you keep. I see you live in Sannibel I just moved to New Jersey from Miami and it is too cold for me and my guys. I am thinking of going back.
    Have you been to Glades Herp yet?

Hey Savannahc, good to see that someone has the same love for reptiles that I do. I keep 3 leopard geckos, a Florida Red-bellied Turtle, a Map Turtle, and a Blue Tongued Skink. I'm hoping to inquire a Horned Frog soon. Sorry to here about your Velvet Gecko. I know how it feels to loose a herp. Most people don't realise but you really do get attached to your herps. Its just like a cat or a dog. Yeah I do live on Sanibel, and I moved from New Jersey (The Longbranch area). I do go to Glades Herp very often, I have gotten almost all my herps from them. They are very good. My best friend Troy is herp crazy too and he got his adult Blue Tongue from them and it turned out that they sold her to him pregnant. They had to idea! She gave birth to 9 healthy plump babies. Thats how I got my Skink. Anything happen to you like that?

(I got your e-mail by the way. I will write back asap)
    "It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions."-Mark Twain

Re: Am I the only one with cold-blooded pets?

hi herpkid ,

Glad to see that someone else likes herps
    right now i have a tokay gecko its a really fierce animal thats one of the reasons why i love it . At first i thought that only dogs and cats were talked about on this site. O heres a ?do u no how to build a terrium for my gecko, i've been told that they need alot of space well got a go by..........

Originally posted by savannahc
    Hi I am the proud owner of many Herps. I have a 3 ft. Savannah Monitor,Red Tegu,Frilled Lizard,Giant Day Gecko,Bearded Dragons.Unfortunately I my Velvet Gecko died last night. Pretty Bummed.
    I just Built a cage for my Savannah and he is loving it. It is 6 foot by 3 foot wide and 3 ft. deep. Filled it with Calci-sand and I am horrfied by what my Savannah is doing with it. Plus since the sand is green it is turning him green. What a mess!!!! cost me a furtune in money I have at least 200 lbs. of it in the enclosure and can't give it back. Oh well live and learn.
    What reptiles do you keep. I see you live in Sannibel I just moved to New Jersey from Miami and it is too cold for me and my guys. I am thinking of going back.
    Have you been to Glades Herp yet?

hey savannahc
    Sorry to hear about your velvet gecko , recently i got a tokay gecko ever hear of them, well i heard that they need alot of vertical space and i would like to no how to build a cage for it please reply soon . O and what part of NJ do u live I live in mays landing NJ im impresed on how many herps u have .Well hope to hear from you soon bye

one of my dreams is to own a russian tortoise. i have to wait a few months cause i have to wait to move out of my parents house. they already are very generous in letting me keep my rats. although they really have to say in it cause my esme would never leave me nor i her. does anyone own tortoises cause i heard they are sometimes hard to take care of i would appreciate any helpfull info or sites. thanx
    ~ratfully urs, sujei

herps - Iguana Madonna

I have both, herps and rodents. My black kingsnake though beautiful, just isn't very cute. My iguana can pass for cute sometimes if she is not being nippy. Any iguanaphiles out there?
    I'd like to know if she is just going to be a biter or if it is just playful nipping.
    LCO

Does anyone know any information on Veiled Chameleons because my sister is getting one and she needs ALOT more info. (She will be getting it in around a month)

Also i have a question. Is a Male Or Female chameleon better?

She has a post if you want to answer some questions for her

http://petoftheday.com/talk/search.p...der=descending

THANKX

{COLOR=royalblue]i really need info! go to my post please![/COLOR]

http://petoftheday.com/talk/search.p...der=descending
    ~*~green_chameleon_girl~*~
    R.I.P Rex
    - _HeAtHer_-

Thanks MANDAMOO!!!!

i really need info! go to my post please! search chameleon and im green_chameleon_girl
    ~*~green_chameleon_girl~*~
    R.I.P Rex
    - _HeAtHer_-

Thanks MANDAMOO!!!!