Thread: Eeek--Aggression!

Eeek--Aggression!

This is about Piddle...

I know, and have ALWAYS known that Piddle doesn't have a good temperment.

This morning he was being grumpy and was running after Jasper trying to nip at him, and I grabbed him from the waist/hips area and just pulled him back towards me, and he turned around and started growling and trying to bite my hands.

No, that didn't surprise me at all, that's the bad part, it doesn't surprise anyone, and the worst part is that Piddle always gets away with things like that.

I told him no, that he was bad..etc and then he went to my mom, she cuddled him, said he wasn't bad, told me it was a sin that I yelled at him and sat him in her arms

I don't think thats acceptable AT ALL, I don't care if he's 15 pounds, it's still NOT acceptable, and it's aggression, and it HURTS!

Piddle has bitten children in the past, always just little nips with no marks, but it's still biting.

He has NEVER, however, bit me or my parents(or grandparents), until this morning, but it still wasn't surprising to anyone.

Is this going to get worse?? Can it even get any worse??

I hate that my mom ignores it, and even basically rewards it

Is there something I can do about this, even though I'll be doing it alone??

Thanks

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Piddle Behave!!!

i dunno if you can do too much of anything sice your mom rewards it with pettin and lovin. as he gets older it might get worse, maybe to the point where he draws blood or tears you up to the point you need stiches.

i can't really give much advice,but try to explain to your mom that this is NOT a good thing and try to find a way thatshe is happy with punishing him.(like crating him, wrapping your hand around his muzzel,etc.)
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Originally posted by lute
    i can't really give much advice,but try to explain to your mom that this is NOT a good thing and try to find a way thatshe is happy with punishing him.(like crating him, wrapping your hand around his muzzel,etc.)
    Thanks

I'll try those, except he doesn't really have a muzzle I don't think I could hold onto it!

RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Oh, Robyn, that is a hard one. I hate that you're going to have to do this on your own! I can see Piddle being a little like Chloe in a sense. She gets a little grumpy at times with Sahara, which is ok, since that big girl is always pawing at her...but when she starting growling at other people when they came near her, it wasn't something I was going to stand for. It seemed as though she is doing it to be protective of me. She will not allow anyone by me or my mom to pick her up...and will let you know vocally and occasionally with a snap (not on the skin, but just in the air as a warning) that she doesn't want to be held. Luckily, everyone here knows what to watch for, and if she begins acting grouchy, she will have to have a "time out" either in another room or in her crate. You are def. going to have to let your mom know that Piddle cannot act like that. I'm sure it was nothing against you this morning....just "caught up in his anger", but you are right about not wanting it to get any worse. Good Luck! I know I didn't have any real advice, so hopefully someone will be able to help you better...but know you're not alone!
    ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <><

<>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><>

Faith is being able to jump first and grow wings later

When a waterbug leaves his friends and climbs the stalks, he is unable to return. But he gains a beautiful new body and a glorious perspective on a new world. He knows his friends will join him with their new bodies one day...one glorious day

Sorry to hear this. I have copied a couple of articles that might offer you the help you need. I'll have my fingers crossed for you that it works.
    Tip No.8 Obey

Your dog should obey any command that you give him

within two or three seconds, if he does not obey you then

he is either ignoring you, which means that your position as

alpha dog is under threat, or he does not understand what

the command means and requires further training.

If he responds to your command in some situations and not

others then it is likely that he is plain ignoring you when he

does not respond. To prevent this from happening use the

"Alarm-No-Command" method. This method has three

steps that you take when your dog does not respond as you

wish.

1. Use something to alarm your dog, such as a squirt from a water pistol or

shaking a pebble filled can. Make sure that you do this while he is in the

act of misbehaving or ignoring you.

2. At the same time say a loud "No!" or "Bad" or utter a sharp growling sound

like "Aaahhh". Use a stern voice so that the dog recognizes the difference

in tone from your normal voice. It is important that the voice correction is

sincere and that the delivery is consistent so that the dog associates the

harsh word or words with stopping the behavior.

3. Then redirect your dog with the command.

Remember from SitStayFetch that when you issue a command it is helpful to be

in a position to make sure that your dog physically does what you ask.
    Nikita Mommy & Daddy Miss You So Much.....Always Will....Look For Cappy Sweetie & Keep Each Other Company. Cappy You Stole So many hearts Sweet Boy. We All Love You & Miss You. Play Hard Sweet Babies.

I don't like this one but it Might Be Necessary

Tip No.9 Physical Correction

Physical correction should be used sparingly with any dog, and not at all with

dogs that have aggressive tendencies. Before you use any of these techniques

make sure that you have tried everything else – twice! It is also a good idea to

muzzle your dog before trying these methods.

With the first method, try grabbing hold of the

scruff of your dog’s neck and lifting his front

feet off the ground. Look him in the eye,

gently shake him and give the command "No".

This will enforce your position as the dominant

dog because in the wild a dominant dog would

often grab a subordinate dog by the scruff of

the neck to show his dominance over the

lower dog.

The second method is to roll your dog onto his back by gently pulling his legs out

from underneath him. If you use either of these methods then be careful not to

cause injury to either your dog or yourself.
    Nikita Mommy & Daddy Miss You So Much.....Always Will....Look For Cappy Sweetie & Keep Each Other Company. Cappy You Stole So many hearts Sweet Boy. We All Love You & Miss You. Play Hard Sweet Babies.

There's nothing at all you can do to help him if your mom continues to accept that kind of behavior. As long as he knows she is backing him up on it, he most likely will not stop, no matter what you do

So the first step is to get through to your mom somehow.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

There's nothing at all you can do to help him if your mom continues to accept that kind of behavior. As long as he knows she is backing him up on it, he most likely will not stop, no matter what you do
    I totally agree, I'm still going through my books and trying to eat supper at the same time. i will post anymore info as I find anything that might help.

You have to work on you're Mom or it will get out of control and you know what will happen next. Not good.

Thanks everyone, I'm definatly going to talk to my mom.

Deb-Thanks for all of that! I read some of it but I'll read through all of it when I get the chance

*EDIT* I forgot to add something, when I tell him he's bad, he starts to wag his tail
    Last edited by DogLover9501; 12-09-2004 at 07:23 PM.

RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

My mom does the EXACT same thing with cami.

Cami's isn't aggressive really, when she plays she bites hard..

But ill tell her no, and my mom will like you said, cuddle her up, and give her kisses and tell her what a good girl she is..

I can totally relate..