I too have mixed feelings about the whole thing.

I hate seeing dog put down for any reason, and maybe a behaviorist or a new home would have made a difference.

I also believe that being a good owner means taking responsibilty for your dog, and if that dog has an issue that I myself can not deal with and and would cause me to live in fear, I'm not sure it is fair to pass the problem on to someone else. I like to think in the same situation, I would try to find someone who was expereinced in dog aggresion, who could take the dog in a controled environment and the dog would live happily as an only dog. ( Assuming it was animal aggrresion and I already had others). But sometimes time and resources don't allow that. Unless I saw one of my dogs mauling another of my dogs, I can not tell you how I would react.

I'm not sure I agree with the way the stiuation as handled ( and that may be in contrast to my orignal posts, as I have had more time to think), but I am trying to be understanding. I don't really think it is up to us to make JC feel better or worse about how the situation was handled. And by that I don't mean we can't or shouldn't share opinions and thoughts, I guess I mean she did what she felt in her heart was the best for her and her family and she has to deal with that.

I am certainly not tring to offend anyone and I am trying to see both sides of the issue.