Thread: Domestic Cat Spraying When Feral Cats Come Around

Domestic Cat Spraying When Feral Cats Come Around

Hi, it's me again. I just posted the question about feral cats and I have another problem that has cropped up with my mom.

She feeds the stray cats that come around and her male cat who stays inside the house is now spraying on things when he sees the other cats outside.

I brought her some Nature's Miracle and doused the areas with that to take the smell away.

Is there anything else we can do so keep him from spraying in the house?

Do domestic cats and feral cats ever get along? It doesn't look like they are too fond of each other at this point. The male stray keeps trying to jump throught her window screen to get to her inside cat, so I guess that's a pretty good indicator.

Jenn

Again, I know others will have much better advice than I have because they have more experience, but the best way to stop this is to get them both fixed. Inside kitty might already be fixed and the aggressive actions of outside kitty are upsetting him. In this case, getting the outside kitty fixed will be the best solution.

I once had a cat coming around that would aggravate my two enough that they would attack each other since they couldn't get to the outside kitty. And of course this all happened at 2 or 3 in the morning. I solved it by taping paper over the bottom half of the windows so they couldn't see each other. This may be a temporary solution until you can trap and neuter the outside kitty.

Good luck....any chance we'll get any pictures of all these kitties you're talking about?
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I didn't realize that neutering the male might help. I hope so. Yes, the inside male cat is neutered.

When I go to my mom's next week, I'll take my digital camera and get some pictures.

Her inside cat is so cute. She got him from the pound and he is EXTREMLY shy. He stays in her bedroom the whole time she has visitors. He has gotten kind of used to to me, so he will come out and walk around a little bit while I am there. He is mostly white and has this grey tail that curls into a perfect upward circle when he is walking. I have never seen anything like it. Do you think that means he is nervous or apprehensive?

Jenn