Thread: Lately Max ...

Lately Max ...

has been getting into things. He's been chewing up things he hasn't done for a year or so. He's chewed up 4 pillows in the past week. He, gotten a pair of sunglasses that were up on the counter, a remote, and a pair of shoes. What can I do?

Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant

My dogs go through phases like that. Just when I start trusting them again, they throw me for a loop. I make sure that they always have rawhides and chew toys available to them. I try to mix them up a bit so that they don't get bored.

Thank you Wolfie!

I'm going thru some what of the same thing with my dog. Except in your case its easily replaced my dog ate all four of my brand new couches.

Anyway, go back and look at what you have been doing out of the norm lately and see if that may be the reason for his behavior. My dog did/has been doing this because my job has been keeping me away from her for longer than she is used to so she is expressing herself.. now I bring her to work when I can with me and if I can't I make sure to give her quality time before I go to work and when I get home from work and to ensure while I'm gone she doesn't do it again I lock her outside.

Also another thing that seems funny but works 70% of the time is to get a squirt bottle put water and a sent in it like vanilla or lilac something you like .. then for no reason squirt the dog say bad dog.. and then use the rest of the mixture on the things he is or may chew.. the sent will link the memory of you saying bad dog and hopefully will stop him from chewing..

good luck
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My dogs go through phases as well. When I see them chewing on something they shouldn't, I thake it away and replace it with a rawhide or chew.