Thread: "Its a Wonderful Life"

"Its a Wonderful Life"

Oh my gosh!! I just finished watching this movie, for my first time.

I LOVE IT!!! It truly is the best movie ever. Now I have to buy it and watch it once a week.

Anyone else watch it yet this year?
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Yup! Its a classic I love that movie and watch it at least a couple times during the holiday season.

-Amanda-
    Owned by...
    (Betta) Neptune
    (Bunny) Chester
    (Cats) Misty and Squeekers

*Pet Portraits*

I haven't yet but I also own a copy of the movie.

I love it. We always watch it over and over again during the holiday season. IT is my favorite holiday movie!! I am glad that you enjoyed it

It's one of my favorite's, too. I try to hold myself down to seeing it just a couple times during the holiday season... Usually when I do my cards or wrap presents with this as 'background music' ... and White Christmas, The Preacher's Wife, the original 'Christmas in Connecticut' (although I want to SHAKE the Stanwyck character!) ... and a couple others! Oh, oh! Time to dig out movies!!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

a real good movie

I have that movie on vhs and dvd. I may just pop the dvd in and watch it! A little trivia. My father knew Jimmy Stewart in school in Indiana, Pa!

Yup, we've watched it this year, and I LOVE it!!!!! I especially like *quote* "You're not a failure if you have friends!!" George Bailey relates so much to me!!

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

You know what? I haven't ever seen that movie. I must see it this year. I hadn't watched a Christmas movie yet this year! I will though.

Kelly, have you been living in a bubble?! LOL.... I haven't watched it in YEARS, becuase for many years, I saw it on every day. It became too saturated and cliche for me. Though it is a lovely movie.

I'm becomning that way with a few other classics that they just show over and over again... its like they want to kill your enjoyment of a good movie by shoving it in your face three times a day!

I love that movie! I haven't got to see it in about 2 years though. I do want to see it this year!

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Kelly! I can't believe you had never seen it before. It's IMO one of the best movies ever made. I can recite most of the lines in the movie before the scene. It' drives Michael insane! Can you believe this movie was a box office flop when it came out in 1946?

Did you know that Bert & Ernie on Sesame Street are named after the Bert & Ernie in this movie?

I bought a special edition of the film as part of my father-in-law's Christmas present last year, thinking it would be all nice and nostalgic for him to watch over the holidays. I couldn't believe it when he told me a few weeks later that he had never seen it before!

hee hee, yes Kim, I may have been living in a bubble.

I called my mom about half way through it to tell her I loved it and she was shocked I hadn't seen it. I think because its always been on TV a million times each December, she thought I had seen it.

I don't know why I haven't seen it. I love the classics...books, movies, music.

Micki,
    I was wondering about that when he kept calling them those names. How cute!

petslover,
    You have to see it! Its such a wonderful movie. If you like to cry at happy endings, this is the best movie for that.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I love that movie Nope, haven't watched it *yet* this season, but I'm sure I will more than once eventually.

My mom is in love with that film. She has a miniature Bedford Falls village she puts up every Christmas... and countless other It's a Wonderful Life decorations

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

That is literally my favorite movie of all time. I own it on VHS and DVD.