Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acne?

Acne?

What does everyone use to help prevent acne? Mine has been "acting up" lately. I use Noxema, and that keeps it under control for the most part, but I'm curious as to what other people use? Maybe I could find a different product that heals and treats it faster.

Sorry for the small rant. I hate being a teen.

i dont have bad acne,but i get a breakout once in a while.I use Clearisil(spl???) I only use the cream b/c all the other stuff dries out my skin.It works pretty good,and its tinted too so it helps cover it up My brother has had really bad acne since he was 15,and still has it(he's 18 now).

Store junk doesn't work at all for me. Tried everything on the shelves since I was 12. Proactive was a scam and waste of money.

I am on prescriptions for my acne, which is helping tremendously! I am *SO* happy with my results. When I was first entering puberty my acne was soooo bad- horrible-made me cry every day!

Right now I am using Triaz wash in the shower, then I rub on Retin-A-Micro gel afterwards. I used to have to take a pill twice a day called Minocycline. The Dr. also prescribed me Benzaclin, which was the most horrid thing to ever put on a face. It burned and burned and burned, I had to wash it off my face immediately it was too powerful for me. I had the Dr. cancel my prescription for that.

My acne is so much better. I get break outs usually right before my period, but it is fairly minor. I still have some acne near my ears,where I rest my hands all the time in school, transfering all the dirt and germs.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Originally posted by YellowLabLover
    Proactive was a scam and waste of money.
    Proactiv worked great for both me and my husband. It's a bit pricey and we're a little short on money with the holidays and all, so right now I'm not using it. As soon as I can afford it I'm going back on it.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

I used Proactive to clear up my skin. Worked great!

The first night I used it, I could actually feel it working!
    I used it for about 3 weeks straight . . . now I just use it when I start to break out.

In between using Proactive, I wash my face with Clinique facial soap TWICE a day!
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

I've never had acne really other then one maybe two at a time. So I have no idea

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I love proactive, it really helped clear up my skin. Now my mom and sister use it.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

My doctor prescribed Minocycline to me. I haven't taken the pills in ages.. I'm too lazy to.

Oxy works really well for me. My acne isn't too bad. When it does flare up, good ol' toothpaste or rubbing alchohol works for me.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

My doctor gave me Clindoxyl Gel before. I had really bad Acne for about a month and I was so sick of it. It's much better now, I barely ever get any now. The Clindoxyl gel works really well but you have to go to the doctor and get a prescription for it

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Thanks for the replies, guys!

I get breakouts every now and then too, but this one just doesn't seem to want to go away. Noxema *does* keep it under control, it just takes a while to get rid of.

Maybe I'll have my parents make an appointment for me to go in. Thanks again!

Oh isn't acne ANNOYING? It drove me crazy after puberty, for years. I felt so bad about myself....hated the way I looked. Mine would come and go.....sometimes my face would be totally clear, and sometimes the acne would show up. Most of my acne was under my chin area....not directly on my face. If it was on my cheeks or something, it would've been worse.

I used a lot of over-the-counter stuff. None of them worked. Then one day, a friend of my mom told me to beat egg white with a few drops of lemon juice, and apply it to my face everyday. I told her *That's disgusting!!!! I'm not putting raw EGG on my face! * My mom ended up convincing me though. She said to give it a try. I did. It feels icky, but it dries and becomes like a mask after awhile. You leave it on for about 20-30 minutes, and then wash it off. I swear it worked WONDERS! Cleared my skin up so fast. I think I should actually do that again to get rid of any left-over pimple marks. My face is pretty much all clear now, but I want it to be perfectly clear. You know how girls are? Always worried about their looks. LOL!

I know you're going to think the egg white/lemon juice thing is gross, but it really works well. My mom's friend said one of her friends was a 'model', and that was one of her secrets.

Vitamin E oil also works wonders in clearing skin. I'm not sure if its good to put oil on pimples, but when the pimples go away and the 'marks' are left, it will help in getting rid of the marks if you apply it every night. Don't use it if you have oily skin, but if you have normal or dry skin, it should work great.

I've battled acne for years. I was fine in highschool, but when I became pregnant with my son it got bad. It hasn't been the same since and gets especially bad when I am pregnant.

I have tried everything under the sun, including the prescriptions people mentioned above. Accutane is harsh but it seemed to make the biggest difference. I've also tried microdermabrasian which is expensive, but it helped with the scarring. I have been using the BeautiControl skincare line for about 2 months and my skin looks the best it ever has. I think you just have to keep trying until you find something that works for you.

A good inexpensive cleanser is Cetaphil. That has helped alot too. You can be over treating your skin. It took me a long time to figure out that all the medications and harsh soaps I was using on my skin was actually irritating it and making it worse.

Thank you Wolfie!

Haha, I just remembered what one my friend's Portugese grandmother recommended. She says your first morning urine is superb for acne. Just pee on a washcloth and pat your face with it. I never got desperate enough to try that one. LMAO.

Thank you Wolfie!

Apparently 'avon' products are really good..

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I hardly EVER get acne, or anything. (great, i jinxed myself )

anyways, if I ever get something, i take my brothers doctor prescription acne med, and put it on, and within 1 or 2 days its gone.

But usually, I just wash my face when I take showers with soap.