Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Icky Holiday food!!

Nothing, everything is absolutely delicious because we cater to everyone's needs, and no-one brings anything that we dislike, yummy , yummy, yummy.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I like the sweet potato casserole . . . sounds like you all have had some from a syrup-happy cook! Depends on who makes it I guess. Go easy on the butter & sugar and it's not so bad.

I HATE the cranberry sauce. Who eats it? I swear, my family always puts it out and it doesn't get touched. What's the point?
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

I am just laughing my butt off from all of these descriptions! I almost fell out of my computer chair!

Tonya, I can completely relate to that fish staring at you thing. We had dinner with my in laws, who are originally from the Carribean. They had whole fish for dinner, each of us had a whole fish on our plates. When they saw me staring at the fish and I was completely pale, they said "What's wrong?" Brian said "She doesn't eat fish with the head still on". His mom just grabbed a butcher knife and WHAM, off came the head. And then she put it on her plate! Ewww!

I'm just hoping they don't have rum cake for dessert this year. They use rum in the batter. Then while the cake is baking, they baste it in rum. When it is finished and you are supposed to flip the cake out of the pan to cool on a rack, instead they flip it into another pan filled with rum. They don't allow people to eat it if they are driving home. Can you imagine getting a DUI because of cake?

R.B. - Bailey (pit bull/lab mix) (08/?/2002 to 02/02/2005) and Guinness (chow/sheperd mix)

Originally posted by Sevens
    I am just laughing my butt off from all of these descriptions! I almost fell out of my computer chair!

Tonya, I can completely relate to that fish staring at you thing. We had dinner with my in laws, who are originally from the Carribean. They had whole fish for dinner, each of us had a whole fish on our plates. When they saw me staring at the fish and I was completely pale, they said "What's wrong?" Brian said "She doesn't eat fish with the head still on". His mom just grabbed a butcher knife and WHAM, off came the head. And then she put it on her plate! Ewww!

I'm just hoping they don't have rum cake for dessert this year. They use rum in the batter. Then while the cake is baking, they baste it in rum. When it is finished and you are supposed to flip the cake out of the pan to cool on a rack, instead they flip it into another pan filled with rum. They don't allow people to eat it if they are driving home. Can you imagine getting a DUI because of cake?
    Yeah, there is just something wrong about staring into the eyes of whatever you are eating. An uncle of mine owns a Filipino catering service, so at the big parties, he normally brings a pig. The poor thing is staring at us, snout and all. I can't eat him!

Mmmmm, the rum cake sounds good though!

Thank you Wolfie!

Eeeeew!!
    Some of these dishes sound awful!!

I love sweet potatoes/yams--but I don't do them with the marshmallows--just butter and brown sugar--yummy

Not much I don't like of thanksgiving dinner, except the dark meat from the turkey and cranberry sauce.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

My grandmother puts pineapple in the sweet potato dish. I think it ruins the flavor.

Thank you Wolfie!

Well.... our Thanksgiving is over already... but I don't like turkey....
    not a big fan of mushed potatoes.....don't like stuffing.....or cranberry sauce..... I actually don't eat much on thanksgiving. LOL

*Thanks Ashley*

Originally posted by Tonya
    Yeah, there is just something wrong about staring into the eyes of whatever you are eating.
    OMG!! Reminds me of one of our French holidays. I ordered trout in a very nice restaurant - and it came with it's head on.
    I almost lost it there and then!! Arrggghhhh!!
    'Course Don and the girls that it was hilarious - but that darn fish was watching me So I covered it's head with a lettuce leaf and plonked a tomato on top too - just for good luck!
    Then I noticed the waiter - hovering - - he'd come to fillet the fish for me - why didn't they do all that yucky stuff in the kitchen??

Why does no one like cranberries?

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

I am just going to skip strait to Christmas . I cannot stand Prawns (Shrimp) last year everyone bought Prawns so we ended up with kilograms of the buggers . There is nothing else realy that i dislike about Christmas dinner.

Some of those foods realy do sound terrible *Gag*.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

I don't like yams, stuffing,dark meat or cranberry sauce....

I love turnip and everything else we serve...

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

My sweet potato cassarole is more of a souffle and my family loves it. Whip the taters up real smooth with some brown sugar, a splash of orange juice (original recipe calls for a dab of Grand Marnier too.) It's southern style so throw in some pecans, nutmeg, cinnamon etc but NOT TOO MUCH. But then, gently fold in some beaten egg whites to really "souffle" it up. Pour into a buttered cassarole dish and bake. I like to add raisens but some don't. I do top it with mini-marshmallows - browned on the top in the broiler for a minute. That's mostly to get the kids to eat it This may sound weird * oh, imagine THAT Laurie * but one side dish of saurkraut to serve with the turkey and gravy is a special treat my mom, brother & I used to love. Now Jenny and I are the only ones that will eat it. Here close to the Chesapeake Bay another family thing was always to start with Eastern Shore "He-oyster" stew. Yep... I'm weird

Originally posted by cloverfdx
    I am just going to skip strait to Christmas . I cannot stand Prawns (Shrimp) last year everyone bought Prawns so we ended up with kilograms of the buggers . There is nothing else realy that i dislike about Christmas dinner.

Some of those foods realy do sound terrible *Gag*.
    You can send me all the prawns...*YUM* They're good in Thai food, or just boiled and eaten.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Originally posted by lbaker
    "He-oyster" stew. Yep... I'm weird
    Does the "male" species taste better than the "female" species??
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

It ain't the arsters it's the eaters! (on the Eastern Shore oysters are pronounced arsters ). He-arster soup, or stew is simply made with a bunch more of the slippery little devils.. and boy is it good

Shrimp and prawns are disgusting. They're little centipedes that live in water. I don't eat bugs.

Thank you Wolfie!