Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG, I totally messed up!!! :(

OMG, I totally messed up!!! :(

I feel horrible!! I sent everyone's paychecks to them on Friday, or held them out so they could pick them up...UNSIGNED!!

We get our paychecks from ADP, a payroll company that sends them to you after you call the payroll in. You get them hand delivered the following day.

I didn't know they required a signature, it was my first time sending them out. When I called the person who is kind of training me, I said, "OK, I got the checks from the delivery guy. I just photocopy them and send them out, right?" and she said, "yes". I'm new to this type of thing, and now that I think about it, of course someone would need to sign a paycheck....duh!! I should have known that.

What a dork, I feel so dumb. This is my third week and I haven't messed anything up. This'll cover that track record.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Kelly,

Everyone makes mistakes and I'm sure they'll realize that. Hope everything else is going well.

((((hugs))))

Donna

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

LOL, don't feel bad Kelly. I run payroll checks for all 4 of our companies every week. I run the checks, sign them, sort them, and prepare all the reports and send it all to each branch manager. Twice I've sent them without a signature, and I'm the one who signs them! I nearly sent them to the wrong branch once, but caught it just before I shipped them, thank goodness!

That makes me feel better, Micki. Thanks.

I talked to the person who kind of trains me and she said its happened before. I guess that's a bit better.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

It will be ok Kelly. You're still fairly new and people will understand that. Just put it in your mental note bank and everything will be ok.

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

It's okay Kelly. *hugs*

Now where's my money!?
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

You can;t be too hard on yourself. Where I worked, they had a payroll company and the checks were all direct deoposited, so the stubs that came from the payroll company didn't need signing. One time they switched payroll companies, but the checks had to be real, auithentic checks. The person who was in charge of them forgot she ever had to sign checks (and has been with the comany for a hundred years!) and she sent out TWO WEEKS in a row, unsinged checks.

Even the old pros don't sign checks occassionally.

Pretend you are a movie star and people are desperate to get your "autograph".....

When life give you unsigned checks...
    Make lemonade!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Oh Kelly, it's OK .... Bet you'll never do that again!!! That is the bright side!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Kelly, don't be so hard on yourself! EVERYONE makes mistakes............and all will be forgiven!

Kelly, don't be so hard on yourself.....we all make mistakes....the Good Lord knows I have made many, many in my lifetime...but if you did not make a mistake..how would you learn.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Hey! Everyone does makes mistakes. You wouldn't be human if you didn't make mistakes. Everything will be okay.

Kelly don't feel bad.....a short story

1986. I had just started a job as Public Relations Secretary for the same company I work for now. A new PR Director came on board and wanted to send a letter to all the media (TV, Radio, Print) announcing her arrival. Back then we did not have computers so I had to type the letter out, leaving the inside address blank, then have her sign it, then photocopy however many were to be sent out. Then one by one, insert each letter back into the typewriter and fill in the inside address.

A few days after the letters were mailed (probably about 100 of them) she got a phone call from a friend of hers who worked at a local Radio station.

....it seems that I left the "L" out in the word "Public" and so it was signed from the Pubic Relations Director.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

LOL Slick, that's hilarious! I can only imagine how bad you must have felt!

Unless you really didn’t like her and had an unconscious desire to embarrass her!

Originally posted by micki76
    LOL Slick, that's hilarious! I can only imagine how bad you must have felt! Unless you really didn’t like her and had an unconscious desire to embarrass her!
    Actually we had a great laugh about it. I worked with her for two years, then moved on to the IT Dept of the same company. She remained the Director until 4 years ago when she retired. We still remain VERY close and she's the big sister I never had. I just love her to bits.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.