Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It makes me sad :(

It makes me sad :(

Maybe I should not say anything. But I can't help it I have done posted pictures of my dogs 2 times in the past couple of days. I have only got maybe 4 or 7 replies if I am lucky.

I know there are a few people don't like me here. And I know people are going say I shouldn't worry about it. But I have to say I do worry about it. But I just don't understand why I don't get a few more replies to my pictures. Maybe I should not whine. I have not said anything in the past since I just didn't want people think I'm silly.

It is not just me though. I've seen picture post by other members get maybe 2 or 4 post and someone else posts pictures they get 14 replies. Maybe I should not say anything. I know this will probably make people not like me more. I just don't think it is fair.

I do love it here and love share pictures. I just wish more people would least try to comment every once in awhile to my picture post.

Oh, well I'm done now. Go ahead and blast me now.
    "Careful what you say, careful what you wish or it may just regret it!"

it's okay, I understand all the way. I dont get very many replies either~ sometimes i have to bump a thread 2wice and i still dont get replies. I hope no one tries and blames you for this~ it happens to lots of people. Most people just dont want to say it out loud, because they think people will get mad at them~ I think it is good that you made this thread.
    ~Devon

I believe Karen our moderater once posted:
    It's not the number of posts one gets, but
    the number of hits "views".

Hope that makes you feel a bit better,
    it does me.
    Last edited by KYS; 11-21-2004 at 09:03 PM.

----<---<--<{(@

No, I understand where you're coming from Tina. I see the same thing with some of the pics I post, which is why I do whatever I can to make the title of the thread seem extra interesting. I love all the pictures I post of Samantha and I just like for everyone else to gush as much as I do.

Unfortunately, my job has become such so that I do not have a lot of time to post replies to other people's posts and when I do have some free time, there are *so* many new posts I can't possibly respond to all. I hope that is the case for other people on here as well. I don't know of anyone that dislikes me outright so I hope that's not a reason some of my Samantha posts don't get tons of replies.

I have to say, the people in Cat General are really good about getting around to everyone... makes me feel guilty for not being able to do the same, but again like I said - I really do try when I have the time...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, thats why I never go to the dog side. I occasionally will start a thread about Nicki because I've had a personal request for pics... and I get 3 replies. I'd LOVE to get 7!

As for the number of hit? I even then only get 25-30 some hits. Its very sad for me to get all excited to post about my Nicki and then nothing comes from it. Half the time, I swear half those hits are from me checking to see if anyone replied! LOL

That's one of the reasons that I rarely post pics or videos anymore. I don't think I've gotten more than three or four replies to my posts with videos.

The last few times I've posted pics, I got a few replies. It's usually the same people (which I'm happy that they're looking). I don't even care so much about the replies, but the last few times it just seemed like no one was even viewing them.

I'm sorry if I don't reply to all the threads. Sometimes I am really busy so I just look at them and sometimes I don't know what to say. I do enjoy all the threads/posts/pictures though It vary's with me sometimes when I post things, sometimes I get 3-4 replies and other times I get 8-12.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Thats why I no longer post pictures of my animals, ever. I never get replys. Thats why I don't make many threads about anything any more. I normally never get a reply. So, I've given up and just stoped posting.

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, Tina...and the rest..lol
    I feel the same way sometimes...its very frustrating especially when you ask a question and see that there were over 75 views and maybe a couple posts at best..you have your select few that are always so good to reply to everyone they can..and others that will only post to the same people..even a "gee, I don't know the answer but hope things work out!" would be nice.

I just try to help where I can, welcome people, post happy birthdays and be a good member...

And if we are all feeling the same way...then maybe we should be watching out for each other and making sure we do post..lol
    at least we would be getting some posts!!

I also think the people in Dog general don't get alot of replies becasue there aren't really alot of PT'ers in there very often anymore Atleast when I'm around anyway.

I dont even go thru the particular topic areas..I constantly stay updated by 'viewing new posts" which keeps ALL topics up..so I just go down the line..

Originally posted by Orangutango
    I also think the people in Dog general don't get alot of replies becasue there aren't really alot of PT'ers in there very often anymore Atleast when I'm around anyway.
    Probably because most people are set to invisible mode. You'd be surprised how many people are probably floating around.

Originally posted by catnapper
    Probably because most people are set to invisible mode. You'd be surprised how many people are probably floating around.
    You can set yourself to invisible mode? I didn't know that.

You know, I think EVERYBODY feels this way at one point or another. I know that I have, but then the feeling will go away after a while.

And what I realize too, is I love it when people respond to my threads. And that means that just as much, other people want me to respond to their threads, too. So, when it bothers you that nobody replies to your threads, make a difference to someone else's day and compliment their thread!!! And that helps to take the blues away.

At the moment there are over 40 on the boards...that is quite a few~