Thread: allergic to chinchilla dust!!!!

allergic to chinchilla dust!!!!

i recently found out, due to having a chin, that i am allergic to chinchilla dust. no where around here that i know of sells the sand...GRRR this is so irritating. Anyone know of an online ordering service that doesnt require a credit card where i could maybe order some????
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

I don't know. This might help a bit though- I let my chinchillas have their dust bath in their cage for about 15 minutes, then I take it out. I wait about a half an hour and go back and clean their cage out. I vacuum their cage and wipe the shelves down. That gives them time to run around after their bath and get some of the excess dust off of themselves before I clean their cage.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Try PetSmart or PetCo

I know PETCO sales Chinchilla's occassionally. You maybe ablet go online there and get some. If you have a check card you should be able to use that. I haven't seen anything for Chinchilla's at PetSmart but maybe they have it online. You may try a flea market? We have some that do sell dog, cats, and small animals. They may have some supplies.
    I had 2 chinchilla's at one time. They really love their dust! We used a pie pan for their dust. Maybe want to use a kitty litter box with the slots in it. That will allow it to be sifted and cleaned more often. Is it a wire cage? maybe elevate the cage over a container for the dust to drop down to it. That way the extra dust isn't disturbed by their walking but goes straight down away from their feet.
    Good luck!!! They are soo soft and sweet!!!
    Scooby, Shaggy the "Dogs", Ms. Thang the "Cat" and introducing Measley Weasle "The Ferret".