Thread: Pregnant?

Pregnant?

Ebony's tummy has definetly rounded out more- only little bit. How do I know if she is pregnant or if it is just because she is getting food on a regular basis? I've never had a pregnant cat before so I have no clue what to look for or how to take care of a pregnant cat. HELP!
    Chris

Hi, has she been outside? Can you feel anything in her tummy area. If she's far enough a long, you may be able to feel the kittens.

Annie
    Happiness is the little things in life.

She is a stray we found a few weeks ago. We took her to the vet a week ago. The vet said she was either pregnant or had a bad case of worms. The stool sample came back negative but two other vets thought it was the worms over babies. We gave her some medicine for the worms. I've been feeling her tummy to see if I could feel any movement and haven't. I'm just worried that if she is pregnant, I have no clue what to do for her.
    Chris

Since you are not overfeeding her, she may have gotten outside and found a...eh...mate......and here she is now.

If she has never had kittens before, then it should be obvious that her nipples are starting to "pink up" and stick out more!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    Good luck figuring things out! Luckily, cat's gestation is MUCH shorter... you'll be certain soon.

I can't wait to meet your new addition!
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!

If she is pregnant then you are already doing the right thing for her. You have given her a wonderful home, good food, plenty of fresh water, and the most important thing....LOVE! If she is pregnant you will know it soon enough. Don't worry because she will be fine. You don't need to do anything extra special. If you knew for certain then I would suggest kitten chow because it has lots of extra vitamins and things to help her but she will be fine without it.
    Don't worry meowmie and just keep loving her. If she is preggo then you will be able to see and feel the kittens moving before long. I always thought that was so cool!
    She may be gaining some weight because she finally has a good source of food now. Some strays will over eat for a while until they figure out that the food is always going to be there.
    Keep us posted and don't worry because she will take care of everything!

Originally posted by kimlovescats
    If she has never had kittens before, then it should be obvious that her nipples are starting to "pink up" and stick out more!
    About how long into their pregnancy does that begin?
    Chris

A Cats pregnancy,lasts about 7 weeks,and you,will soon know,as the Other pet Talkers,have suggested,check,to see,if her nipples,are growing,and if she shows any interest,in Pampers Commercials.Sorry,about thatlast one,and we hope,that she is not,with Kitten.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Those Pampers commericails-dead give away everytime! LOL!

As long as she doesn't show a preference for Huggies, we'll be ok!
    Chris

Originally posted by chrangharris
    About how long into their pregnancy does that begin?
    It's one of the very first signs, along with a ravenous appetite! Cats are only pregnant about 63 days! Also though, her belly will get much harder and before long you will feel kitten movement! But the most obvious right away is obvious nipples and increased hunger!

LOL, Gary! I love the Pampers commercial comment.

From Decker with Love

Originally posted by kimlovescats
    It's one of the very first signs, along with a ravenous appetite! Cats are only pregnant about 63 days! Also though, her belly will get much harder and before long you will feel kitten movement! But the most obvious right away is obvious nipples and increased hunger!
    I haven't notice any of those signs so hopefully she is not pregnant! Thanks Kim!
    Chris

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    Originally posted by sirrahbed
    hmmm....so if Ebony is not pregnant, that means I am not getting a new baby...and Dennis already has agreed to kitty#6...

Yeah, I'm so sure you'll have a hard time finding another cat to love!
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!

Originally posted by sirrahbed
    hmmm....so if Ebony is not pregnant, that means I am not getting a new baby...and Dennis already has agreed to kitty#6...

Are you SERIOUS???? Don't toy with me, Debbie!!!