Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice needed

OMG! that's really freaky.. If that happened to me I would've probably called the police... If you see him again, and he seems to be doing something like threatening you, I think you should call the police. I don't think that it was a couincedence (sp.?) that you saw " a guy that looked exactly like him", I think it was probably the same guy... especially since you said he looked and acted crazy, pretending to shoot a gun at you. He might not be right in the brain.. let's just hope that that you don't ever have to see that loonatic again. -fingers crossed-

The first time I saw him I couldn't get to sleep for weeks, it still bothers me...It was the way he kept staring at me.

-sigh- i would be scared out of my wits. I don't think anyone should have that happen to them.

Take this seriously. Do you have a digital camera? Have it ready when you get off the bus, take his picture the second you see him or anyone that might be him. If it's a busy street, there are businesses, right? Duck into one if you see him, explain to the people there what's going on, and if you feel at all threatened, call the police. If the girl that usually gets off with you isn't there tomorrow, ask someone else to get off the bus with you, and tell them you'll have your folks give them a ride home afterwards if that's possible.

If he starts following you, DON'T go home, go some other safe place, so he won't know where you live.

And, by the way, even if he's drunk that does not give him special privileges, he's an adult and is responsible for his actions.

Originally posted by Karen
    Take this seriously. Do you have a digital camera? Have it ready when you get off the bus, take his picture the second you see him or anyone that might be him. If it's a busy street, there are businesses, right? Duck into one if you see him, explain to the people there what's going on, and if you feel at all threatened, call the police. If the girl that usually gets off with you isn't there tomorrow, ask someone else to get off the bus with you, and tell them you'll have your folks give them a ride home afterwards if that's possible.

If he starts following you, DON'T go home, go some other safe place, so he won't know where you live.

And, by the way, even if he's drunk that does not give him special privileges, he's an adult and is responsible for his actions.

Thanks Karen, I will have my camera, and I will bring my cell tomorrow.

Even if he is not the same guy as last spring, you still were threatened. You need to call the cops, o at least tell your principal tomorrow and they can set something up to make sure you get dropped off at home special instead of the bus stop.

Originally posted by Karen

You give such good advice Karen!

I couldn't sleep at all last night lol. I just kept on thinking about it Oh well hopefully nothing will happen tonight.

You did the right thing by telling your parents. Even if it wasn't the same guy, this guy yesterday was still freaking you out.

Buy some pepper spray. I keep a thing of it on my keychain all the time.

Will you get in trouble for having that on your keychain in your locker at school? I know security things are a lot stricter now than they were when I was in high school (I graduated in 1999, two months after Columbine, and obviously well before 9/11).

Originally posted by lizzielou742
    You did the right thing by telling your parents. Even if it wasn't the same guy, this guy yesterday was still freaking you out.

Buy some pepper spray. I keep a thing of it on my keychain all the time.

Will you get in trouble for having that on your keychain in your locker at school? I know security things are a lot stricter now than they were when I was in high school (I graduated in 1999, two months after Columbine, and obviously well before 9/11).

Yah I would get in trouble but I will just keep it in my bag so no one sees it.

What's really freaking me out is if it was the same guy then how did he find me again? When I saw him the first time we were across the city...

I totoally agree with all the above. This guy is a problem to people . Are you alone when you get dropped off at the bus stop? I would have someone else with you. as witness and some one to help . 2 people usually detire these kid of people. Praying for you safty and mental healt.h. I have been through something simular , find a book in the libery or ask a counsilor for advice on why they do these things once you understand its not you but a power thing just as rapeists it not the sex but power. Once you understand that you can make your self normal (but more cauious).

I read this earlier and couldn't stop thinking about it......it is freaky.

Even if it's not the same man, that fact that he made you feel scared is enough.

Like Karen said, if he's there ever again, go into a business if there's one around. Try to be with somone if possible.

If for some reason you see him while you are still on the bus, explain to the bus driver what has happened and don't get off. I can not see any bus driver not understanding and hopefully make slight changes for your safty. Maybe she/he can drive you down one more street or so......little closer to home. Or something like that.

But if at any time you ever run into him again or someone like that, that scares you..............if all else SCREAM AND SCREAM. You might feel silly, but who cares as long as you get the attention from people on the street focused on you. A criminal of any sort does not want attention drawned their way.

Anyone that is thinking about doing harm to another is hoping and counting on the victim to be so scared that the won't do anything, that makes thier crime easier. Don't make it easy for them, Scream Rape if you have too.................That man will leave faster then you can blink, most likely.

It's like when you home is being broken into, most people will wake up, try to be quiet and tiptoe around.........when in truth you are doing them a favor. What you should do is trun on every light you have on, stereo's on full blast, TV on full, open windows and scream your head off. By making your self noticeable you make them noticeable and thats the last thing they want. They will leave knowing that most likely someone who heard the noise will call 911 to complain.

Be safe and take care.

we just had a child abduction emergency warning go across our tv for our county and the countys near us. seriously, if you think it was the same guy then call the cops and ask them what you should do. unfortunatly I think youd need to know the guys name and everything to get an order of protection against him, or if your in the police report for when he was last arrested that might help too. but its not something to play with, if hes following you or making threatening movements at you you have the right to tell police

(my mothers psycho exboyfriend was allowed to get a temporary order of protection and file harrassment charges when they broke up, you know what his ONLY reason was? "she pointed at me".)

Well I got my bus stop moved a few blocks in, so it is on the same street as my house. I didnt see the guy as we drove by ....thankfully. If it is the same guy then I know he will be back again.

Thanks everyone for the advice

I really think you need to tell another adult if your parents aren't taking this seriously.

Tell any adult at school, even your bus driver. Tell someone. Its not worth it...

...RIP, our sweet Gini...