I took the 4 kittens to the vet today. I had given them a bath this morning, then a quick wash cloth wiped-down after they ate at 12:00. Since they have diarreah, they were quite messy. I left for the vet around 1:00, and they had messed in the carrier. I had the vet comment on their state of cleanliness, he said he would not test them today for FIV becuase of their "state of shabbiness" then he backtracked and said something quick about stressing them out more than they already are.

Then I took them to the checkout counter and the nurse there commented on how dirty they were. She nicely offered to have someone there bathe them, but it didn't seem logical to me that they should bathe them to stick them back in a dirty carrier - and then take them outside in the wet and cold weather. They already have a bit of a cold, so I didn't want to risk them getting more sick.

I found myself appologising to them saying lame things like "if only my boys could step in and groom them like their mother would" UGH. I have no spine! I was insulted, and am wondering if I should have been.

The kittens are fine - except the little tabby girl has a low temp, and some nasty bacteria and worms. She is on medicine for that plus Clavamox. The other three are great, just a bit of diarreah and they have medicine for that and Clavamox since they have been sneezing. The 3 blackies weigh .8 lbs, and the tabby girl weighs .6 lb.