View Poll Results: Does your dog like to learn new tricks?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, usually.

7 41.18%
  • no, not really.

3 17.65%
  • Various dogs, some do and some don't.

7 41.18%

Thread: Does your dog like to learn new tricks?

Does your dog like to learn new tricks?

I was wondering if your dogs like to learn new tricks? Tango LOVES to learn new things all the time but Echo and Tia just seem to do something because I ask them to. They don't seem to get alot of fun out of learning something new.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Kai likes anything that involves food. So I suppose he enjoys learning..

Kaedyn loves training! He wags his tail everytime I ask him to do something.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Daisy will do just about anything for food as well, lol. So, I'd say she enjoys learning new tricks.

Molly won't do/learn something if she doesn't feel like doing it. Period. She's very stubborn, but VERY smart in her own way, hehe.

Oz and Gull, both will do anything for food and pick up tricks pretty quick.

Murph will try and do anything for food. He's very willing, but he's usually so excited that he doesn't learn much. He's too busy spinning in a circle or throwing his paw at ya.

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

Of course! She likes to learn new things.

Mackenzie is always eager to learn , and is [of course] the one who knows the most tricks. Muffin and Zeus are not as, um, i guess you could call it eager to learn,

But Mackenzie is a golden retriever, and after all,

lol!

Anything for food...
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks Kay for the set.

lol Happy like to learn new things if she is outside, but she has never been too keen on learning new things inside, why? that is beyond me, she just seems to be more comfortable when she is outside or something. Mistys LOVES to learn new tricks, she is so enthusiastic about learning new tricks its funny lol Perky, well lets just say she litterally demands that we teach her tricks, she every night she will sit down beside you and bark and do tricks that she already knows until you get up to work with her lol Ripley well he is just not very bright lol he likes to learn new tricks only because you are holding food, no food = no dice. Blair, well he likes to learn sort of, but he is very difficult to train because he has no bounce back, if the smallest of things happens to him while he is doing something he will never do it again for as long as he lives. when he was a little puppy he bumped his paw on a jump and flyball practice, he is over a year old now and still hates that jump, it screws him up completly because he sort if tenderly steps over that jump, then continues on as normal over the rest, a while ago as he was jumping into the van he bunped his tummy on the bumper, ever since he will not jump into the van you have to pick him up. so for us training him is not fun lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

NO! My dogs are both very stubburn. They actually drive me crazy when it come to this kind of stuff. I try to work with them several times a week and I get no where. The just look at me like I'm a lunatic...lol. I know that it is mostly my fault but lets face it I do have two of the most stubburn breeds around. I still am in the process of trying to get Tori to learn that she is not allowed to jump up on people. Its a never ending battle....lol

I voted various dogs. Penny loves to learn new tricks but only for food. Theodore, knows a few tricks, but is not that happy about learning new tricks. Clover will do pretty much anything for food, we are working on weaving through my legs at the moment and she is finally getting it. As for elvis all i will say is *He is a Border Collie* , so indeed he does, but he sometimes gets too excited.

Whilst i am at it, Yumi (Cat) also enjoys learning new tricks and is a very willing student, when there is food involved. She will sit without food, on voice command only.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*