Thread: Back from the vets....

Back from the vets....

It was time for Chesters annual so I included Amy too, to get her a chip. Chester was a "tough" guy and took the needles like the tough boy he is and he was SOOooo good while he had his exam. She was amazed at how good he was and how big he is. He weighs 15 pounds now, but I would have guessed closer to 20 pounds. He is just big, tall and long and very solid, not fat at all.

Amy showed them how she walks now and that vet is so good with her. We had about 4 techs in there to watch her administer Amy the chip since none of them had seen it done. Amy was a REAL CHAMP for that.. Those needles are SO big!! I don't know if she will ever need that chip but I feel better for having it done. I got her a tag made that says "Handicaped Cat" and her name and my daughters phone number on the back and one tag comes with the chip. She is not happy about all those tags hanging off her neck but hopefully, she will get use to it. The vet also gave me some Prednisone to give her when her condition flares up to try that instead of having to take her to the vets to get that shot. With the winter months ahead, I wanted something to help those bad days she has when it is cold and damp.

Both were glad to be home and are now resting... My purse is resting, empty, in the corner.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Glad to hear the visit went well, Laura. Hopefully the pred will help Amy. I don't know how you do it with her. I'd always be feeling so sorry for her that I'd want to help her all the time. But I guess you learn (like CCL did) that handicapped kitties are just like other kitties and don't always want our help. Big hugs and smoochies to both of them for being so good.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I'm glad that everyone faired well (except the purse of course) at the vets, and are back home and peacefully resting!

((HUGS))
    Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Awwwwe! It's great to hear that they both did so well for the white coat. I'm also glad that you like this vet. Amy deals so well with her leg problem and I'm glad you have some meds on hand if it starts acting up. The chip was a good idea but I sure hope you never need it!!!
    Chester you big handsome hunk! You were such a good boy, huh? You had to show your little sister that it wasn't going to hurt at all didn't you?

Kissies to both of the little furry sweethearts!!

Tubby and Peanuts Mom... I had to learn not to run and grab her every time she falls over. She let me know she didn't like me making such a fuss REAL quick. It breaks my heart everytime I hear that thump, thump of her falling over and someytimes it is THUMP! THUMP! , like in hard.... You just wish there was something more (medical wise) you could do and there just isn't so it rips your heart out.

She is doing so well this time that I am home, she is running likkity split, jumping on the bed and furniture where before she stayed strictly on the floor, playing a lot and just moving around a lot more than I have ever seen her. BUT, in working that leg, it makes it weaker so she is falling over so much more and has a harder time controlling it. I DO watch her close, keeping her off the high places, much to her displeasure. She realizes she has limmits but she WANTS to do things and TRYS so hard.

CCL, I HOPE she never needs that chip too but it made Meowmie feel better to have it done. There is NEVER any reason for her to be outside of the house without being in a kennel....but Giz did knock that screen out that time and fell out of the house so accidents DO happen.

We are glad,taht the White Coat visit went atht well,and Chester,is A OK!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Glad things went well and I'm glad that Amy is doing better and on the move more. I can't believe Chester weighs that much. He doesn't look that big in pictures so he really must be long and tall.

From Decker with Love

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Glad the White Coat visit went well. What a good girl you were Amy letting them stick that huge needle into your back. OUCH...but it's for your own safety little girl. Hope it's never needed is right! Have you tried a heating pad on low for her yet? Only drawback to one, is all the cats adore them, and Amy may never get a chance to soak up that glorious heat.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

OSL, that heating pad here right now isn't what we need. We are Are STILL having HOT days here! Have seen no sign of fall in the south!