Thread: Question about rescue orgs

Question about rescue orgs

Sorry, its been awhile since I've posted, but work and the dogs. not to mention two hurricanes, have kept me very busy.

We found a dog on petfinder from a local rescue and called to see if he was still available. He was, and we had a very encouraging talk with whoever it was who answered the phone, and sent in an application ASAP. Its now 10 days !! and we haven't heard from them at all.

Look at this boy:

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3177874

Is it normal to be waiting this long?? We've called and emailed them, with no response at all :-/
    honor

Greta & Cassius

Call back and keep calling. Most rescues are run soley by volunteers--volunteers who have other jobs, kids, ect that prevent them from focusing soley on the rescue group.

My group has a 24 hour wait before we will release an animal to anyone. Even if your application was approved, we WILL NOT call you. You have to take the intitiative to call us. Shows that you really want the animal.

I'm sure the group is just overwhelmed or too busy. Keep calling and good luck.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Awww, what a cutie scruffy pup

I'm the applications coordinator for a rescue group. We don't accept phone inquires but all applications are acknowledged immediately by email, but it can take up to 2 weeks before a volunteer makes contact to set up an interview; we do however let them know that it might take that long and ask for their patience. As Glacier says, most groups are maned by an all volunteer force, so try be patient. But I defintely would continue to attempt to make contact, if you don't hear back in the next couple of days. Did you mail in or email the application?

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Did you mail in or email the application?

We emailed the application from the web site. So we have no way of knowing if it actually went thru (you know how that can go)

If we need to resubmit, we have no way of knowing .
    honor

Greta & Cassius

oops, I meant to say we submitted the application from their web site, not emailed it.
    honor

Greta & Cassius

I don't know anything about how long the waiting period is but that is one cute dog..Good luck and give us an update as soon as you can.
    Jamie