Thread: T & J have fleas.... !!!!!

T & J have fleas.... !!!!!

I noticed Tinky and Jupiter scratchin a little bit here lately... and yesterday I was cuddlin with Tinky and I saw a *FLEA* walking around in her neck fur...

What is the best flea medicine I can get for them????
    Or how do flea collars work..?? They don't wear collars so I don't imagine they would appreciate them too much.

[CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Are you using Frontline or Advantage on them, Sara? That would be what I would choose to do. We do it monthly on all the dogs and the cats (of course, my cats do go outdoors, so I must).

Hope the itchy babies will be flea free in no time!

Logan

It is Frontline I use as well. A little squirt on the back of the neck and they will be fine again.

o.k. Thanks!!

I guess I will pick up some frontline today at walmart.

I know there is some kind of flea medicine that can be harmful... but I couldn't remember the name... i think it is HARTZ isn't it??

Either way.. if you guys use frontline then I know it is safe... and my babies deserve the BEST!!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!

Tinky

I would try advantage,and then,the Ova Collars,from,the Vets,to keep,the fles,off!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Oh no! Poor itchy babies.

Fortunately I've never had to use any type of flea treatment, but I know people here use either Frontline or Advantage. And yes, I believe it is Hartz that is dangerous. Good luck getting rid of the critters 'cause from what I've heard, it's not easy because once they're on the cats they're in the house, so you might have to do the flea treatment for quite awhile to make sure they're gone for good.

Hugs and smoochies to both of your sweeties.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Can you buy Frontline at WalMart? If so, I need to know it! It is quite expensive to treat 4 big dogs and 2 cats everymonth! I have always ordered mine from a Pet Supply company or bought it from the vet.

Originally posted by Logan
    Can you buy Frontline at WalMart? If so, I need to know it! It is quite expensive to treat 4 big dogs and 2 cats everymonth! I have always ordered mine from a Pet Supply company or bought it from the vet.
    You know i really don't know... i just assumed...
    You can buy "everything" at walmart.

If i find it there i will let you know.
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!

Tinky

I don't think you can buy it at Walmart but you can at most Petstores and of course it's cheaper to buy it online.

I use Advantage on my dog and so far as long as I keep her flea free I don't need it on the cats but I do use it on my Dad's cat Miss Kitty. Which reminds me I need to get her more, thanks.

From Decker with Love

Originally posted by Logan
    Can you buy Frontline at WalMart? If so, I need to know it! It
    No can't buy it at Walmart. PetSmart and Pet Supermarket sells it, I know that much. I get mine on-line, so much cheaper, but if they have fleas now you really can't wait for shipping.

If you can't get it right away, you can always use that Bio-Spot till you find Frontline or Advanage. It's not the best, but it works, till you can get the good stuff in.

Thanks everybody for your help.

T and J have never had fleas before!! I feel terrible that they do now... I hope i don't have any trouble getting rid of them!!!
    I have to go by Pet Smart for some food... so I will check with their vet office to see if they have any frontline or advantage..
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!

Tinky

Sara - I was horrified when I found fleas on Emily last year! The vet just laughed and said I could have easily brought them in on my shoes or clothing. All it took was one application of Advantage to each cat and the fleas disappeared with the day. He had said if too many eggs had been laid - one more treatment might be needed the next month but very unlikely. The new products (like Frontline, Revolution, Advantage) - drops to place betwen the shoulders - are 100% better than what we had even ten years ago. Amazing, effective, easy and QUICK.

Someone here had a cat with a bad allergic reaction to Revolution - it burned the skin and caused hairloss - so I have heard it is good to place the drops in various places rather than all in one concentrated spot - all between the shoulders but a bit apart from each other.

Originally posted by sirrahbed
    Someone here had a cat with a bad allergic reaction to Revolution - it burned the skin and caused hairloss - so I have heard it is good to place the drops in various places rather than all in one concentrated spot - all between the shoulders but a bit apart from each other.
    That was my Scout. Here's a picture of what Revolution did to her when the vet tech applied it all in one spot. It burned her skin and I had to put ointment on for a couple of weeks.

From Decker with Love

Oh no! Poor T & J.

I use Frontline for Zam and Logan.

Hope everyone is flea free soon!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I'm so sorry to hear that T&J have fleas. I've been using advantage for years and haven't had any problems since. I buy the large dog kind and then measure it so it lasts a long time and is cheaper too. You'd need to ask your vet about this though. I've heard that both Hartz and Biospot are not safe for animals. Good luck.