Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want to get married!

I want to get married!

I know this is SO lame, but it makes me sad. There are a lot of people getting married that I know (they are in their 20s, and I am only 16) but I really want to get married and have someone care for me, and have someone to love, and have them pick me out of the whole wide world. I just feel like its never going to happen because I am not good enough. I know I am only 16, so I have a LONG ways to go, but I don't know, I just feel sad and worthless knowing all these other people are getting married and have someone special, because I just feel like its never going to happen for me because I am not good enough, not pretty enough, thin enough, fun enough, etc. Sorry about this horribly, pointless thread.

Aww, I was a lot like you when I was your age. I wanted to be married so badly. I was never into the whole casual dating thing, I just wanted to find the love of my life.

Now, 10 years later, I'm glad that I didn't jump into anything back then. It has been good going through college and finding out what I want in life as a single person. I feel like I've fulfilled my wants and desires and now I am ready to share them with my future husband. Some people that I know who got married way too soon say they were never able to "find themselves". They regret not living out their young 20s life. They were just automatically thrown into a world of new responsibilities with their new family.

I'm not saying it is bad to be married young. But I think it's good to take things slowly, live your life, and patiently wait for your soul mate. He WILL come along. As cliche as it sounds, it always happens when you least expect it. So just concentrate on your future education and career and somewhere along that path, you just may bump into that future hubby of yours!

**HUGS**
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Originally posted by aly
    Aww, I was a lot like you when I was your age. I wanted to be married so badly. I was never into the whole casual dating thing, I just wanted to find the love of my life.

Now, 10 years later, I'm glad that I didn't jump into anything back then. It has been good going through college and finding out what I want in life as a single person. I feel like I've fulfilled my wants and desires and now I am ready to share them with my future husband. Some people that I know who got married way too soon say they were never able to "find themselves". They regret not living out their young 20s life. They were just automatically thrown into a world of new responsibilities with their new family.

I'm not saying it is bad to be married young. But I think it's good to take things slowly, live your life, and patiently wait for your soul mate. He WILL come along. As cliche as it sounds, it always happens when you least expect it. So just concentrate on your future education and career and somewhere along that path, you just may bump into that future hubby of yours!

**HUGS**
    Thank you so much. I was afraid everyone would think i was crazy or that this was some kind of dumb post. Yes, I know I should concentrate on my future and my career. I don't want to get married like right out of high school, just in my early twenties. To me that seems like the perfect time for me. Thank you so much.

Well ya never know what might happen!

Maybe you'll meet a nice, young judge at the dog show! HEHE
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Originally posted by aly
    Well ya never know what might happen!

Maybe you'll meet a nice, young judge at the dog show! HEHE
    LOL...thats funny...or maybe a young handler? hehe. Ya never know. where I live its kind of slim on guys, well ok there are guys here but GOOD guys, not the shallow, stupid, arrogant, guys that are here.

Originally posted by Miranda_Rae
    LOL...thats funny...or maybe a young handler? hehe. Ya never know. where I live its kind of slim on guys, well ok there are guys here but GOOD guys, not the shallow, stupid, arrogant, guys that are here.
    I've been there! Trust me, before I got married I dated some real "winners" The guys around here are somewhat sub-par heh.

I kind of wanted to get married when I was younger but I, like you, felt I wasn't good enough. My dating life seemed to prove that lol. I had pretty much given up on the idea but when I was 20 I kind of ran into this guy...lol (I'm 22 now)

I got married Febuary 28th of this year, and I have never been happier! My marrage has proven to me that if you go looking for love, love likes to hide but if you stop looking and just let things happen, it usualy works out for the best! Trust me though, I wasn't planning on getting married so young and we've had our share of problems but things are working out really well. I am glad we are waiting to have kids though, I've seen too many people my age get into a lot of trouble when a child is involved.

I was married when I was 19. I had 4 kids by the time I was 23. I was divorced by 30. I'm glad I had my kids as young as I did. (I'm one of the youngest parents at Open House. ) But for the rest, I wish I would've waited and had more time to experience life. I'm married again, am very unhappy, and I feel like it's too late for me.

Don't be in a hurry to grow up. It'll happen all in good time.

I think we all felt like that at 16. But there is so much life to experience that you will miss out on if you get married right now. Take your time, smell the roses, watch out for the thorns!!

I have been married twice, the first Mr wonderful didn't turn out so good and after 8 years it was time to say good bye. This second marriage has it's trials (like instant motherhood) and excess baggage, but we're doing ok.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

I hope you don't mind me butting in here.

I felt just like you do when I was 16. So, I dated the WRONG guy, got pregnant, had a baby, got divorced a year later and have been a "single" parent for the last 18 years. Let me tell you, its a VERY HARD ROAD.

I know you want to feel secure and to be taken care of right now but trust me, it's much more gratifying if you learn how to take care of yourself. You are sooo young and have sooo much to look forward to and experience in life. Please, don't rush it.

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Originally posted by Anniejack
    I hope you don't mind me butting in here.

I felt just like you do when I was 16. So, I dated the WRONG guy, got pregnant, had a baby, got divorced a year later and have been a "single" parent for the last 18 years. Let me tell you, its a VERY HARD ROAD.

I know you want to feel secure and to be taken care of right now but trust me, it's much more gratifying if you learn how to take care of yourself. You are sooo young and have sooo much to look forward to and experience in life. Please, don't rush it.

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now.
    I know what you are all saying, but I don't intend to get married now! I just WANT to....I am not going to do anything, and my intentions are that I want to wait till i am married to have sex...i know some of you are going to be all "oh thats old fashioned" but thats what i believe, and I want to make it special between my husband and me. I heard once that its a gift, and I want it to be my gift to my husband. ok, enough!

I can only say at 16 , marriage was something I was not even slightly interested in, infact I was 18 when my 17 year old boyfriend proposed, I turned him down and he was the nicest, sweetest guy ever, I often think of him and wonder, but I was in no way ready for such a comittment.

Miranda Rae, you come across as a very mature young lady, I had no idea you were only 16, especially as we have been going back and forth with comments in my other thread, you seem to have a wise head on young shoulders, but still you have a lot of living to do yet sweetie.

I can understand your longing for that someone special , but believe me sometimes it is worth the wait, when I think of some of the jerks in my younger years I could have ended up with, I am glad that it did not happen until I was 24, but I had to wait until I was 34 for my second hubby to come along and make my life complete.

So Miranda Rae, don't worry you will have that someone oneday, you are too special to be missed, that I can tell for sure, and when you do,hopefully it will be everything you imagined and so much more.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Originally posted by carole
    I can only say at 16 , marriage was something I was not even slightly interested in, infact I was 18 when my 17 year old boyfriend proposed, I turned him down and he was the nicest, sweetest guy ever, I often think of him and wonder, but I was in no way ready for such a comittment.

Miranda Rae, you come across as a very mature young lady, I had no idea you were only 16, especially as we have been going back and forth with comments in my other thread, you seem to have a wise head on young shoulders, but still you have a lot of living to do yet sweetie.

I can understand your longing for that someone special , but believe me sometimes it is worth the wait, when I think of some of the jerks in my younger years I could have ended up with, I am glad that it did not happen until I was 24, but I had to wait until I was 34 for my second hubby to come along and make my life complete.

So Miranda Rae, don't worry you will have that someone oneday, you are too special to be missed, that I can tell for sure, and when you too,hopefully it will be everything you imagined and so much more.
    Aww....thank you Carole. You are so sweet! You made my day. This thread has made me feel so much better.

Oh and referring to the mature young lady, lol, some people have told me that i am inmature because I am kind of hyper. I also do not really like to debate, but I could not stand by without telling my opinion.

So thank you very much for making me feel special and for cheering me up, all of you!

You are most welcome Miranda Rae, I believe in giving credit, where credit is due.

Hey and being hyper does not warrant or justify being called immature, its what is going on in that head of your's that makes the difference, I honestly thought you were much older, and I have only your responses in my other thread to go by, believe me when I say you are a young lady with a wise head on your shoulders.

Good on you for standing up for what you believe in, never be afraid to do that, I personally love a good debate as long as it does not turn nasty.

I always try to listen to that voice of reason in my head, if I can and see both points of view, but like everyone else i have some issues that I just won't bend on. cheers.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Originally posted by Miranda_Rae
    I know what you are all saying, but I don't intend to get married now! I just WANT to....I am not going to do anything, and my intentions are that I want to wait till i am married to have sex...i know some of you are going to be all "oh thats old fashioned" but thats what i believe, and I want to make it special between my husband and me. I heard once that its a gift, and I want it to be my gift to my husband. ok, enough!
    I am a Christian, and I feel the same way you do about waiting until you are married. That is a very admiral trait to have...so good for you! Too many people these days, don't believe that, and I am glad to hear a young lady like you does!

I was the same way, when i was your age...couldn't wait to get married. I ended up meeting my husband when i was 17, we dated for 4 years and got married at 21. This coming April, it will be 7 years that we have been married. I had a little boy 3 years into the marriage. For sure, the first few years were the hardest, figuring out how to live with someone...etc...but through time, we learned, and things get better. There will always be some arguments, but as you grow older into the marriage, you learn how to deal with them on a more mature level...and i am very happily married to my high school sweetheart ( although we went to different high schools, but we dated throughout 12th grade).

Unfortunatley, i have several friends that married too, at a young age, and are divorced already. Anyway, not sure if you are a God believing person, but i stick close with Him, and he seems to direct my paths into His perfect place...

Your Mr. Right will come in God's perfect timing for you. But also, go ahead and dream about that day...when you will meet him...and if you are the praying kind, a few prayers to lead your "Mr. Right " your way, can't hurt

Anyway, just my 2 cents

~Robyn

Originally posted by Christiansmommy
    I am a Christian, and I feel the same way you do about waiting until you are married. That is a very admiral trait to have...so good for you! Too many people these days, don't believe that, and I am glad to hear a young lady like you does!

I was the same way, when i was your age...couldn't wait to get married. I ended up meeting my husband when i was 17, we dated for 4 years and got married at 21. This coming April, it will be 7 years that we have been married. I had a little boy 3 years into the marriage. For sure, the first few years were the hardest, figuring out how to live with someone...etc...but through time, we learned, and things get better. There will always be some arguments, but as you grow older into the marriage, you learn how to deal with them on a more mature level...and i am very happily married to my high school sweetheart ( although we went to different high schools, but we dated throughout 12th grade).

Unfortunatley, i have several friends that married too, at a young age, and are divorced already. Anyway, not sure if you are a God believing person, but i stick close with Him, and he seems to direct my paths into His perfect place...

Your Mr. Right will come in God's perfect timing for you. But also, go ahead and dream about that day...when you will meet him...and if you are the praying kind, a few prayers to lead your "Mr. Right " your way, can't hurt

Anyway, just my 2 cents

~Robyn
    Yes, I am a Christian, and its very important to me. Thank you very much for the advice. You guys are all so kind and its helped me to stay focused on right now instead of so far ahead. Thanks a lot!