Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worried...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Preacher. Come on preacher you don't want to leave you're Mommy yet. You look like you have a lot of love left to give.

Doggy Hugs from Monty and Kiki

Healing Hugs from Deb

God Bless you both.
    Nikita Mommy & Daddy Miss You So Much.....Always Will....Look For Cappy Sweetie & Keep Each Other Company. Cappy You Stole So many hearts Sweet Boy. We All Love You & Miss You. Play Hard Sweet Babies.

Just wondering how Preacher is doing today...I hope he's feeling much better.
    Update when you can please.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Originally posted by anna_66
    Just wondering how Preacher is doing today...I hope he's feeling much better.
    Update when you can please.
    I think he's about the same, but at least today I can identify a reason! Last night, I put him outside for a pee break. When he came back inside, I was walking behind him and noticed that one rear leg is very swollen. Right in the joints there is all kinds of swelling. So obviously his arthiritis is bad right now and no wonder he doesn't want to walk!

It's very stressful for Preacher to go to the vet. With his blindness, he likes to stay in areas where he has a map in his head. That doesn't include the clinic! So I talked to my vet this morning and he said he would recommend anti-inflammatories and rest. Both of which I can do without taking him in. Goldie has a prescription for the anti-inflammatory he would give Preacher first. So with his permission, I am giving Preacher a dose of that every morning. If it's still swollen by Friday, he has an app't to go in and get something stronger. I think it may be time for Rimadyl.

I had a long talk with Preacher last night and told him that he could go if it was really his time. Not to stay for me. Told him that I would prefer not to have to make the decision so if he does need help crossing, he needs to let me know. He responded by licking my face repeatedly, so I am taking that as a "not time yet".
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Poor preacher. At least you know what is bothering him. I hope he feels better soon.

Thank you Wolfie!

You're a sweet mother, Glacier, to take the time to have that kind of talk with Preacher. He definitely let you know that he is not ready!! Hopefully the medication will help him. He (and you) will be in our prayers.

Logan

Thanks for the update.

I'm glad that you've found the reason for his actions and I hope that his time is not for quite a while. It sounds like he's definately not ready to leave you yet

Hugs and kisses to sweet Preacher.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets