Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shaun of the Dead and Team America

Shaun of the Dead and Team America

Ok, I put this here in the Dog House, because Team America: World Police can be taken as a really offensive film. I, personally, haven't laughed that hard in a long time. It is absolutely hysterical, albeit tasteless. If you're into stupid humor, you really must watch it. Every single person in the theater, at some point, came out of their seat, they were laughing so hard. It's completely ridiculous, but, I loved it!

Shaun of the Dead is equally as funny, but, not as stupid. It's pretty silly in parts, but, it actually had some heartwarming moments, I thought. The two main characters are fantastic, and, I think they did a great job making you care about them! I laughed crazy hard in the first 30 or 40 minutes, just watching the main character go through his daily life. Anyway, just curious if anyone else has seen either film.
    Last edited by guster girl; 10-21-2004 at 10:09 PM.

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

I saw Shaun of the Dead a while ago and really enjoyed it.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

I heard Team America was really funny, but I can't see it. I am 23 years old and puppets (and Claymation) still give me nightmares. I'm such a dork, but I can't help it.

I can't wait to see Team America . . . it's finally on here (a week late) and I think we'll see it tomorrow.

I heard that they had to edit out a few scenes from Team America just so it could be Rated R and not NC-17!!! Puppet sex scenes or something . . . is it that bad? LOL I can't wait to see it!

I've only seen a few Shaun of the Dead clips . . . my husband is absolutly dying to see it!!! He loves zombie movies so he's pretty excited about this one. It hasn't come on here yet though. Ashland is pretty picky about what movies they bring for some reason. So we just wait patiently!
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

Originally posted by christa
    I can't wait to see Team America . . . it's finally on here (a week late) and I think we'll see it tomorrow.

I heard that they had to edit out a few scenes from Team America just so it could be Rated R and not NC-17!!! Puppet sex scenes or something . . . is it that bad? LOL I can't wait to see it!

I've only seen a few Shaun of the Dead clips . . . my husband is absolutly dying to see it!!! He loves zombie movies so he's pretty excited about this one. It hasn't come on here yet though. Ashland is pretty picky about what movies they bring for some reason. So we just wait patiently!
    Honestly, I don't know what they had to take out to make it only rated r, but, there's still a sex scene, and, short of showing actual parts (they do show boobs), the scene is really racy. It's shockingly funny, though, and, you're either going to be completely repulsed or you're going to laugh your socks off! I wasn't repulsed.

I LOVED Shaun of the Dead, and, I'm not a zombie fan at all. BUt, it's fantastic, definitely go see it asap!

Thanks, Dogz!

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

My son saw Team America ... he said it was absolutely hilarious ... but, he's a thirteen year old boy. I think I'll pass.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Originally posted by Twisterdog
    My son saw Team America ... he said it was absolutely hilarious ... but, he's a thirteen year old boy. I think I'll pass.
    Well, I'm a 28 year old woman, and, I loved it. But, it is definitely not for everyone.

Thanks, Dogz!

I want to see Team America...but I think I'll wait and rent it. I can't rationalize spending $10/person to see puppets

Originally posted by guster girl
    . . . you're either going to be completely repulsed or you're going to laugh your socks off!
    It takes a lot to repluse me! LOL I can't wait to see it!
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

Originally posted by christa
    It takes a lot to repluse me! LOL I can't wait to see it!
    Well, there's a lot in this movie. The puking scene is my personal favorite.

Thanks, Dogz!

My boyfriend is begging me to see Team America with him, and i have refused, but after this post i might actually go with him now, i guess its a free movie & popcorn even if i dont laugh ,

I saw Team America with my BF this past week, and we were both laughing so hard we nearly wet our pants!

It was AWESOME!

I also saw Farenheit 9/11... what an eye opener THAT movie was. Also a must-see.
    Select * from breeders where clue > 0
    0 rows returned
    Cheerfully Childfree

I saw team america, OMG it was so funny, i saw it with my mom and sister! I was practically not breathing in that theater. if anyone hasnt seen that movie, they shud sooner or later. or at least rent it out. its hilarious. two thumbs up. a 10(lol)

andrea

Originally posted by senorita02
    My boyfriend is begging me to see Team America with him, and i have refused, but after this post i might actually go with him now, i guess its a free movie & popcorn even if i dont laugh ,
    As long as you're open minded, take it with a grain of salt, and, aren't expecting rocket science, it'll make you laugh.

Thanks, Dogz!

I saw Shaun of the Dead last night. What a HORRIBLE movie! It barely passed as entertaining I've never seen so many people get up and walk out of a theatre. Or fall asleep hah! It was bad in that really cheesy kind of way - I think I heard pretty much everyone leaving say that they thought it was terrible lol.