Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Isn't it odd...

I just found this web site last night. It is wonderful. You are all right. I also would rather look at pictures and listen to stories about dogs a lot more than babies!

Most of family puts up with me talking
    about my dogs all the time.
    While my sisters talk about their
    kids, I talk about my dogs.
    I even get mother-day cards from
    my sisters and Aunt sent to me
    by my dogs.

Originally posted by Smilla:
    Witness this recent conversation with my husband:

Me: I think that when I am very old, I'll be one of those weird dog ladies with about 12 mutts underfoot at all times.

Him: Oh, no you won't.

Me: Well then, you'd better outlive me.

I bet that if I say the "12 mutts" statement to my husband (and that is how I feel as well), he will say exactly what your husband said. Then I get to say your line. I'll let you know!

Love me. love my dog. Bottom Line. I have a life, true, but if a dog subject comes up, you better be prepared. So many people ask about Cody, before they ask about me, and that suits me fine. When he had his surgery and I took off from work for 2 weeks, not a question was asked, unlike a human ("Hey, it's Monday are you sure you're sick I need a Dr note!)He even got get well cards. I may sound crazy but I know we were meant to be together from the second I held him. As a first time dog owner (dummy me) he turned out pretty good! There is a sad situation in my home life right now so to be able to come home to him ..well, I just say lots of thankful prayers endlessly cause I don't know what I would do without him. He's my angel dog.

My mom claims that when I was about 10, I told her she'd have granddogs instead of grandkids, and that's how it is. As a matter of fact, I just got her a coffee mug that says, "Ask me about my granddogs!"

Proud human to 2 "Borgis" (Beagle/Corgi mixes)

------------------
    WendyK

--"The more I know people, the more I love my dogs."

OOOH! Me too!! In fact, my mother bought me every imaginable "do something" doll that ever came out-some are still wrapped up which we are going to sell.. all I EVER played with were stuffed animals, 99% were dogs, many of which I still have! Can't give those babies away! All I ever wanted for a gift was a dog. Now I have the best gift in the world!

Wendy,

I'm interested in your Beagle/Corgi mixed breed dogs (we have a Corgi). What do they look like? Do you have any pictures posted online?

Karen mentioned getting "get well" cards for Cody when he was recuperating. A friend of mine had her heart broken when her little Maltese was stepped on by a larger dog and died. I have always grieved when I've lost pets, but she actually got flowers, sympathy cards and many, many calls of regret. No one ever did that when one of our pets died, but obviously, "Ruby" was special to lots of people. My friend still hasn't been able to bring herself to get another dog. Their older Golden Retriever also died recently of cancer. They have had a rough year!!
    Point is, there are people that understand what we go through for our pets. I love mine unconditionally!

The day my Bailey left us for the Rainbow Bridge, my friends stopped over one at a time to spend a little time with me. I found out later that they had arranged to stagger their visits throughout the day because they were all worried about me, knowing that my Bailey was my "Dog of a Lifetime" whom I couldn't comprehend losing. It was one of the kindest gestures I have ever received.

Sniff, Sniff..I don't even want to think of that day. Just 5 minutes ago my co-worker by the window called me over to see a Border Collie walk down the street. Client went on hold..Karen runs over, 4 other people follow me and we OOOOHHH in unison. Do I have these people trained or what!?

Oops, been offline all week - I'll give you a quick description and try to get Mr. WendyK in gear to get their photo gallery posted!

Mojo is 4, and he has the short legged, long Corgi body, Beagle markings, floppy ears, and a Corgi face, with the longer snout.

Binkley is 3, and has the long body, but longer legs (he's a few inches taller than Mojo), and floppy ears, he's the reddish-gold Corgi color with white marks (4 white "gloves" on his paws), and his face can look Corgi or Beagle-y, depending on what his ears are doing. If they're flopping down, he looks more Beagle, and if they're pointing up, like if he's rolling on the floor, he looks Corgi-ish.

They both have tails from hell. Personality-wise, we think Mojo might have some Basset in him, because he's extremely lazy. Binks is hyper (nicknamed "Ritalin Boy"). Both are a little dog-aggressive, but love people.

Hopefully that gives you some idea!

Thanks! It gives me some idea, yes--but I'd love to see pictures if you ever get any posted!