Thread: Night time adventure

Night time adventure

Tonight, at 10:30 I went to let Nicki out for one last potty break. I get to the kitchen and brrr.. its chilly. I turned on the light and saw the door to the mudroom was wide open... and there's a distinctive breeze blowing through... I ran to the door - take a guess - the outside door was WIDE OPEN! :IgnoreCat

I screamed! My heart beat much too fast. I flew up the stairs to grab a sweatshirt and round the troops - we were going cat hunting in the pitch darkness. I checked the rooms - no Allen, Pouncer or Evie/Abby. Harry was in the bedroom with us.

Grant got downstairs before I did and he rounded the cats... all three were out back! Even just reporting that makes me sick. Little Evie/Abby was loose in the night. Pouncer and Allen too (though I honestly wasn't worried about Allen) I was sick about the other two.

Of course NOBODY was outside recently. Ah-huh... tell me another one. They swear they shut the door properly. Obviously they hadn't. I usually lock up, so I wasn't worried about them not locking up properly.. just shutting the door properly.

So is there a new rule? No one gets to use the door in the mudroom because they can't seem to work it properly? (kidding, hee hee) Obviously there are some fast movers who THOUGHT they shut it correctly- anyway you can make a rule that it needs to be locked everytime? (just to make sure it's SHUT right?) oy. I accidently didn't shut a cage properly at Jan's over the weekend and while cleaning a different cage, turned around and found that 2- 5 week old kittens had escaped!!! I was very embarressed because she came into the room at the exact moment that I realized it and said, "What's going on here?" I could have swore I shut it right!

Oh gosh I bet you were upset. That would have made me sick too. Thank goodness they were nearby and rounded up quickly.

Glad that had a happy ending!

From Decker with Love

Oooooo! What a sinking feeling that had to be when you realized they had gotten out! PANIC TIME!! So happy that things came out ok and all is well now.. Phew... PANIC!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Oh My God,that was a scare! But we are glad,that your Cats,hadnt gone,too far! They must be pretty clever,to exploit,a carelessly closed door,like that!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS