Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a porch kitty

I have a porch kitty

Look who I found is living under my front porch!

(Sorry the photos aren't the greatest. I was happy to just click these two!)

I have to go out again and put out some more food and fresh water. Poor thing. She won't let me get too near her, but she doesn't run from me either. I can tell she wants to trust me, but I haven't fully gained her trust yet.

She's small - so I'd "assume" fairly young. HUNGRY! And her belly is rather low and swings --- kittens? I can't see under the porch to see if there are any kittens here yet - perhaps she is still pregnant? We had kittens and a mama cat living under the porch exactly two years ago. Grant had boarded it up, but apparently she found a way to un-board it. There's a hole large enough for her to squeeze in where a board was pried away. Smart girl.

She's so very pretty! A dilute Tortie with what looks t o be the softest fur. No collar, and since she fears people so much I'd bet she doesn't have a family.

Poor kitty. If she's preggers then she'll be having kittens in the cold.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Originally posted by smokey the elder
    Poor kitty. If she's preggers then she'll be having kittens in the cold.
    Not if I can help it. I have already e-mailed the rescue I foster for, to see if they can help me set up a humane trap and then check to see if the kittens are here or on their way. If she tests negative for everything, she will be my foster (and her babies) since she was my porch kitty.

Aww Kim, that is so great that you will foster her and her babies. Prayers on the way that you are able to catch her and she is negative.

Fingers and paws crossed here!

From Decker with Love

Thank you so much for helping her!! What a beauty! I hope you can trap her soon and if she has babies I hope they are all ok.

You know I have porch kitties and I look them in the eye sometimes and just wonder what has happened to them in their lives to make them so mistrusting. I would probably rather not know!
    Keep us posted on this pretty girl.

I went out to give the tortie more food and fresh water - she's eaten at least three times what I feed my boys! and as I placed the bowl of water and food down, I noticed she wasn't under the steps like she's been all morning, so I whispered softly "Oh, sweetie, where are you?"

I got an answer! The answer was (in a male voice) "I'm right here!" I almost fell over. I stood up, and looked over the tall bush blocking my view to see a utility guy standing at the utility box making repair work! I then had to explain why I was out in my socks and no shoes on a chilly morning calling for my sweetie... goodness I was caught off gaurd.

Well, no wonder she wasn't around, because the utility guy was right in front of her hole under the porch. I hope he didn't frighten her away permanently.

ROFLMBO!!!! I almost wet my pants with that story!!!

Don't worry because I'm sure she will be back as soon as your "sweetie" leaves!!!

Good luck with your porch kitty. Your "sweetie" story was funny!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

That was funny!!!

I'm sure she'll be back!! (for more food)
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    UH oh...I took one look at the pics, and thought she's nursing! Too thin around the middle, and a voracious appetite = kittens. If you put catnip down near where you can see her when she rolls around, you'll be able to tell better if she's nursing, and how many. It will be obvious which nipples are being used, so it also gives a good guess on how many little ones are under the porch. Then it's time to get that trap, catch mom, then fish the kittens out by using a good flashlight, and a butterfly net. I'd work fast before she up and moves them to another nest. P.M me if you need tips, or help!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Haha! That's such a funny story. I probably would have been shocked myself to hear an answer. That guy must have a good sense of humor. She's very pretty. If I had a porch (which I hope to have someday) and I had a cat move under my porch, that's what I'd like it to look like

*snirk!* What an unexpected answer.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, and the tiny furry family!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

My heart stopped for a moment wwhen I saw her picture. she is the image of Nesta. Nesta was in her position five years ago when an angel rescued her and her kittens, and for that I am grateful. Thank you for caring for this little girl.

catnapper,

Funny story about the utility guy. Bet he told that story
    all day. LOL.

I hope you are able to to keep on feeding this poor, scared
    little one. Helping her & any babies would be fantastic.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

She's so beautiful. She looks just like my Grey Girl did...before she fattened up of course. Sometimes those porch kitties make the best pets. Once strays realize where the love (and food) is, they can't seem to get enough.
    Proud meowmy of Weezie, Eepie, Grey Girl and Neko...or Weezer Peezer, Eepie Peepie, Grey Grey and Neko the Gecko as they are commonly known!