Thread: Err Jasper ate some turkey!!!

Err Jasper ate some turkey!!!

Errrr!

Jasper is very alergic to turkey and breaks out into little bumps all over him.

He followed my mom upstairs and she was turning the turkey over and she said a chunk fell onto the floor, Jasper grabbed it and swallowed it and didn't even chew!! And it was REALLY hot!!

I can't believe he did that!!! It has to be because he never gets anything like that because he's alergic to most meat.

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Since my husband and I have no kids yet, we are still expected to split holidays between our families which means we won't be able to have a nice quiet Thanksgiving/Christmas/Easter for many years. So this past weekend, I baked a turkey, made stuffing, and we had our own little mini-Thanksgiving with just the 3 of us - the two humans and our baby, Samantha.

I thought there would be plenty of turkey to wrap up and take for lunches this week... but I was wrong! It was a small boneless 5 lb. turkey and between the 3 of us, we polished it off! That tryptophan did a number on Samantha, she snoozed the rest of the night away...

... oh to have a dog's life.

Hope Jasper doesn't react too badly to the turkey he got!

Hehe

Jasper didn't have any reaction

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

to be honest I did not think he would. most dogs who are determined to be allergic to certain meats do very well with the real meat(like unprocessed)
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

What u should do is train Jasper to stay out of the kitchen while someone is making food.

RB Max almost had 2 deadly alergic reaction to nuts, so after the second time & we learned what it was, we taught him hard & fast the the kitchen is off limits when we're cooking & eating in there & that food on the counter, table, stove is a big NO NO. We had no idea if he was alergic to anyother foods & we didn't want to find out either.

It was really hard for us to have to treat him so poorly about this, but he needed to learn it right then, or he could have died. News papers were no longer Max's friend

It doesn't sound like Jaspers alergies r deadly like RB Max's were, so I think gentle training is all Jasper needs. But u should start making him stay in his chair/bed when ever ur eating. & if ur eating on the couch, then make him stay on his chair/bed.

It'll be a big pain at first, cause he wont understand to stay & he'll keep sneeking in. But all u have to do is make him leave & stay on his chair/bed EVERY time he sneeks back in.