View Poll Results: Do you like overalls?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like how they look on other people/pregnant women, but would not wear them myself.

19 38.78%
  • I hate them, I think they are ugly.

16 32.65%
  • I love them and wear them.

11 22.45%
  • What are overalls?

0 0%
  • Other, please explain...

3 6.12%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you like overalls?

Do you like overalls?

I LOVE overalls! I think that they are incredibly comfy and perfect for lounging aorund the house in. I especially love them now that I'm in entering that in between state where regular pants are too tight around my middle, but maternity pants are too big. I bought the cutest pair of maternity overalls that have two rows of buttons on the sides, one row is for me to wear now, pre-baby belly, and the other row slants towards my soon to be ample tummy to give baby extra room. So what do you think about them?
    I know they aren't the most flattering of ensembles cause of the tendency to make you look wider, but I wouldn't trade these overalls for the world! In fact, I might just have to have my family in the states pick up a few more pairs for me so that they'll last the next 7 months
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

I used to wear them alot, but not anymore.
    They are very comfortable.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I love, love, love overalls.

But about a year ago, I found some really cute ones, and ordered them. But when I got them, I thought they made me look like I was trying to be 12 or seomething. So I returned them, and ever since I just leave them on the shelf.

I think they look fine on some people, pregnant people included, but they usually make pear-shaped people (like myself) even more pear-shaped, so I don't wear them.

They always remind me of my grandfather, the farmer, who wore overalls at least my whole life - except for church on Sundays - and was quite bemused when they suddenly became "fashionable" for girls to wear!

My SIL loves overalls and wears them often. She never cares what people think because she's busy busy busy and this works for her. ANYWAY, the first time she was pregnant, she wore them til about 5 or 6 months. SIL is one of those lucky women who look years younger than what she really is. At 25, she still looked 15. She said she had to stop wering the overalls at some point during the preganncy because she heard too many comments about "what a sin it is to be so young and pregnant" She got tired of explaining that she was 25 and married. They didn't believe her! LOL

Wear your overalls in comfort and happiness!

When I was younger I thought they were the coolest thing, but now it reminds me of a farmer, since I live in farm country i see farmers wearing those all the time. So yeah, not my thing!

I hate them. It's funny you say, because I used to love them. And just yesterday, I was going through my clothes and throwing out all the overalls. My taste changes quickly when I am pregnant. I just barely bought them all. I have quite a few pairs I'm getting rid of.

Thank you Wolfie!

I think they are cute on pregnant women and children.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I like them and used to wear them.

-Amanda-
    Owned by...
    (Betta) Neptune
    (Bunny) Chester
    (Cats) Misty and Squeekers

*Pet Portraits*

I agree they look fine on a pregnant women and children, but I would never wear them in NZ, as they are very unfashionable here, you would be hard pressed to find a pair in the shops.,infact apart from childrens wear or maternity wear, there would be none to buy here.

Wear what is comfortable, thats my motto, all the pregnant women in NZ donot wear maternity wear anymore, its fashionable to show off our pregnant belly nowadays here, so they just wear normal clothes stretched over their bulge, maybe in a bigger size, when I had my daughter wider clothes were the fashion, but those days are long gone.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Missy I really love them on young girls - I tried a pair on once and felt like a pound of tripe tied with string -

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

Lynne your comment really cracked me up, lol. I can just picture it!
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I am very confident that if I were to ever wear overalls, people would say.........

"OMG! Look at the size of the butt on that woman!"

I agree ... fine for kids and moms-to-be ... on everyone else, it just makes you look like you're trying out for a part on The Beverly Hillbillies.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Originally posted by gini
    I am very confident that if I were to ever wear overalls, people would say.........

"OMG! Look at the size of the butt on that woman!"
    LOL, that's how I feel. My nickname with my friends has always been "Hippy" and "LaTonya" because I have wide hips and a huge butt. Even when I am thin overalls are unflattering on me.

Thank you Wolfie!