Thread: Gadget Cats???

Gadget Cats???

Does anybody else have a cat that's crazy about gadgets?

My Boomer goes nuts as soon as the cell phone rings. He loves those polyphonic ringtones for some reason. He comes running, starts talking and wants to chew on the phone and I have to hold the phone up to his face...not just to his ears, but to his face so he can feel it. The second I touch it, he comes running and I have to play the ringtones to him. I actually have to hide the phone now, or he tries stealing it (and it's so small he can easily pick it up in his mouth).

It's the same with my little facial massager - it looks like an electrical toothbrush and he steals it whenever he can get away with it and he loudly complains if it's turned off. The latest item of interest is the pump for the little cat tv (fish bowl). He just loves, that it's buzzing and tries chewing on it.

I've never experienced this before, but he's done it since he was a kitten, and it has me shaking my head at him, lol.

Maybe its a sensory thing for him. Sounds like he loves the feel and sound combined. My boys don't pay any attention to my cell phone (though Nicki hates the ring - its a cat's meow) and the only reason Pouncer paid attention to the pump on the fish tank was because he realized he cold slide his paw between the pump and the lid to get at the fish.

My husband has this University of Georgia bulldog that plays the fight song and waves its paw when you press a button. Saphirah is absolutely fascinated by it. All three cats come running when they hear the cell phone ring, too.

Hmmm, my cell phone ring is set to 'crickets chirping' and both cats are mildly intrigued. Enough so that I have to fight my way to the phone, but not enough for them to want to touch it...

Aren't cats interesting?

Cassy is fascinated with plumbing though...
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

the only reason Pouncer paid attention to the pump on the fish tank was because he realized he could slide his paw between the pump and the lid to get at the fish.
    I remember your post about him cancelling all "the programmes", LOL

My little brat, Brynja, does that too. She's found out, she can push the lid off the bowl, if she yanks the cord.

Once,n a while,they react,to the Meeoowing Clock,but not that often!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS