Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think?

What do you think?

What does everyone here think about Pit Bulls. Do you think they have a bad reputation, or do you truly believe they are mean animals? I personally think they have a bad repuation. Just yesterday I was walking Sara and Cleo and two little kids came along with their mom. The kids asked if they could Pet the pups and I said it was ok, All of a sudden the mom comes running up and says No only pet this one (Sara) Poor Cleo!!! I mean she looks at a Pittie and immedietly assumes its mean!

A bad rep, definatly. There is a couple at my church who have a wonderful Pittie girl named Athena. She's the sweetest thing and so pretty too. I'd love to pet Cleo if I could. I want a Pitbull and a Rott, but my mother is also one of those people who think they're unpredictable, not mean necissarily (sp? ), but unpredictable.

~Danny~
    [19 y/o Crazed Human Female]

-The Dogs-
    Mac
    [6 y/o female BC/German Shepherd/Lab]
    Julie
    [9 y/o female Siberian Husky/Alaskan Malamute]
    Angel
    [7 y/o female German Shepherd/Lab]
    J.W.
    [6 y/o male BC/German Shepherd/Lab]
    R.B. Blackfoot
    [16 y/o Lab/German Shepherd]

-The Horses-
    Prissy
    [12 y/o Bay Tobiano Paint Mare]
    Miracles Happen
    [5 y/o Solid Bay Paint/Quarter Horse Mare]

i love pitbulls and i think that they just have a bad reputation,but they still can be mean,depends on the way they have been treated,etc.I think people are so rediculas when they dont let there kids pet a pitbull!!

how could you not love this face??

Kodie my dog,might have some Pittie in him,and lots of people just walk by and kind of look at him,im like he's not mean!! he might be big but come on.. some people can be so silly sometimes
    I personally never met a Pitbull before!! i really want to though,i havent seen any in my neighborhood,but i really would love to meet one.

Exactly sammy101. Who couldnt love that face!!? The one couple that lives down the street from us always walk there standard poodle at the same time we walk sara and cleo. They only let Sara go see their dog!!!! Its so mean!

Originally posted by sammy101

how could you not love this face??
    awww.... I can't believe people can be such snobs bout that kinda stuff... They're really sweet dogs! just a bad rep.

i would ask them why cant Cleo say hi to your dog too??thats kindof rude ...Im planning on getting a Bull Terrier i nthe future,and i know they they were bred for fighting too,but they dont have a bad rep like Pits do.I dont even want to deal with people who have such a bad insight on Pits,Staffies,Rotties,and Dobies. its so sad though

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    I think that you can't just get a pit puppy from a person who breeds fight dogs and expect it to be nice because it has had nice handling from birth. Certain traits are bred into these animals.

If I ever got a pit I'd be very careful as to where it came from and its temperment.
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!

I LOVE Pitties! They just have a very bad reputation. I love all the breeds with a bad reputation.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Originally posted by sirrahved
    I think that you can't just get a pit puppy from a person who breeds fight dogs and expect it to be nice because it has had nice handling from birth. Certain traits are bred into these animals.

If I ever got a pit I'd be very careful as to where it came from and its temperment.
    I agree. I've heard that how you raise it plays a bigger role but genetics still do play a part.

Personally, I think they're just like any other dog. Although, I have met more mean Chihuahuas, Labs and Cockers than Pits (actually, I've never met a mean Pit yet). I'm sure there ARE mean Pits just as there are mean dogs of any other breed.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I absolutely adore Pitties. I know of one named Lucy and your greatest fear is getting licked to death. The owners have brought her up to be just a plain dog and a bit submissive in order to supress the agressive side. She is such a sweetheart and loves people and kids and cats.

It's all a matter of upbringing. Bad parents, bad kids. Bad parents, bad pets.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Originally posted by dogs_4_me
    Unfortunately My parents think all Pit bulls, and Rotties, are mean dogs. When they see them their always saying comments like "Why would anyone get a dog like that when you can get labs and goldens " or "there is rarely a pittie or rottie that does not attack someone in there life time"
    That is so mean I hate people like that.

Originally posted by Pitties are my life
    That is so mean I hate people like that.
    Oh so you hate people like that eh. Thats weird, you havent even met them! Dont judge people on one opionen. Keep your thoughts in your own head. thank you.

You know my thoughts. They are in the deleted thread. I hate breed prejudice but I also dislike close minded people.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I don't like pitbulls that much, but they're ok. I've met some really nice ones, as well as some really mean ones, so I couldn't really say.

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

I have a special place in my heart for pitties...never had one but I just feel bad for them I have never met a mean one they are always the ones that are the nicest to casey at the dog park.