Thread: Mouth Sores....

Mouth Sores....

Does any body else get mouth sores (aka canker sores)?? Since I was really little, I have been plagued with them constantly. Normally, they don't bother me too much, I've mostly gotten used to having them. But tonight, I am in so much pain, with a break out of 5 or 6 of them. They started over 2 weeks ago, and just aren't clearing up. (When I was a teenager, I would get like 15 or 16 at a time, but it hasn't been that bad in a very long time)

The reason I get them is mostly genetics, and then triggered by different things. These include: lack of sleep, stress, WALNUTS, PMS, sickness. The more triggers, the worse the outbreak, or so it seems.

There is no cure, but my dentist prescribes some pills that shorten the outbreaks. And during an outbreak, I change my toothbrush every other day to minimize germs. One other thing that really helps is wine. It's very soothing, and helps in the healing process.

I get them a lot too. Very painful. I use a product called GlyOxide, and it can be purchased at any drug store, just ask your pharmacist. It's great stuff. Just a few dops in your mouth, swish for several minutes with your saliva, and wow! It cleans and coats the canker sores. I swear, this stuff is a lifesaver!

have you tried this paste stuff?? sorry i dont remember what its called,but my orthodontist gave some to me,incase my mouth or a tooth starts the hurt,its works pretty good.ill try to find it so i can tell you what it is.

I recently was sick and I have my first mouth sore and it is a pain..."literally"! I don't know what to do for them since I have never had one but I wish I did..they really are uncomfortable...everytime I eat or drink anything it burns so bad and thats with one so I couldn't imagine having 5 or 6 of them at one time
    Katiesmom(Crystal)

I hate em. I use Tanic is a liquid that you put on them and while it takes horrid is works well lol I have bit one off before too lol it was driving me nuts, I could not find the Tanic, and I bit it really hard in my annoyance and I bit it right off lol it actually did not hurt, it bled a little lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

I get them occasionly. They are never that bad for me, but they are really annoying. When I would chew food I would accidentally bite them all the time

I suffer sometimes with sores in my mouth due to my dentures and my denturologist recommended a product called, "Sterisol"
    it works great. It is good for canker sores and sore throats also. It is a red liquid that you swosh(sp) around in your mouth.
    I swear by this product and have recommended it to many of my friends. Within a day or two, my sores are gone.

It is sold in Pharmacy's, but I don't know if you can get it in the states or not. Look for it and let me know if you can get it or not okay.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Go to a pharmacy & ask for canker sore stuff. Doesn't matter the brand, I was told all r basically the same stuff.

I got Rob some & he loved it!! He said it went numb & took alot of the pain out of it & was happy to snack on some food. He had stopped eating because of where it was, everytime he chewed his teeth would rub it & make it bigger & sore.

He said not to use too much, just enough to cover the sore lightly. If u use too much, parts of ur mouth will go numb too,, hehehe he said its cool, but not good, u tend to bite ur lips more heheheh (or the parts that r numb)

yeah I get cold sores as well... I have 2 canker sore right now actually

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

I get them. And I usually will get more than one at once.

I just had one clear up. It was all the way back behind my molar and was causing the tooth itself to ache. bleah!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Anna, is it inside of your mouth? When I think of "canker" sores, I think of fever blisters (on the outside). But I have had the ulcers inside of my mouth before and they are so painful!!! Fever blisters are equally painful and I have gotten a solution for those, called "Famvir", which is a very expensive prescription medication, taken at first notice, but it does the trick, for sure, within two days. I haven't had a mouth sore (inside) for years, for some reason, but I can remember being in so much pain, and in the "old" days, they used silver nitrate to kill the pain and it worked, but I don't think they do that anymore.

Hope you will be better soon.

Logan

canker's are inside the mouth cold sores or fever blisters (same thing) are on the outside.... I HATE THEM BOTH!!

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

Justin gets them, but I don't.

Earlier this year I had an abscessed tonsil. It was the most painful thing I have ever had. It was the worst soar throat I've ever had. The worst part was that the abscess came up from my throat and was resting in my back molars on the right side of my mouth. For 5 days I could not eat a thing and I could barely drink. I could only open my mouth enough to get a straw in, yet I could not completely close my mouth either. The doctor gave me penicillin pills to take for it, was she crazy I couldn't take those, but I some how did. Then due to the penicillin I got a yeast infection.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla